Adam went skiing with a friend in Colorado about three weekends ago, so I hitched a ride to Waco with my parents (and Bella, of course) and got to do fun Waco-y things.
And by Waco-y, I mean, I get to see my Waco people and do a little Baylor stuff. You know...some of my favorite things.
A large group of us met for lunch at Vitek's, which has expanded and is really great BBQ. I only got their food once in college, and we had to take it back to the apartment to eat it--they didn't have the nice sit-down area like they do now!
Amanda and I did important things like trim my bangs, talk a lot and shop at Marshall's. We were both on the hunt for "work tops" we could wear to work and for play. I'd say we were successful! I also got to play with Harley and meet the newest Hance, Dakota, a red-haired husky. (And for anyone who's remotely interested in my bangs, I got them cut, but they grow so fast that I needed a trim, so I begged Amanda to do it for me. They don't look so hot in the following pics because it was super windy out and I didn't realize they were all to one side. Lame.)
Saturday night, we were able to score two seats on the coveted "last night" of Sing, where all the winners were announced. This was particularly nerve wracking because my awesome cousin, Anna, was the lead Sing Chair for Tri Delta. (Let me clarify that it was only nerve wracking because so much hard work went into the great act--we weren't worried that it wouldn't make it!) It was a fabulous, high-energy act, done with ATOs--the first time Tri Delta had ever done it with a guys' group.
Here's the Sing Committee on stage waiting for the results.
And afterwards, with their 3rd Place plaque!
The Flagg Fam celebrating with hugs all around.
Austin came in from Jacksonville for this monumental event!
Happy Flaggs! It truly was a family affair. Laura and I were making boxes of cookies and life-size cookies for the act during Super Bowl weekend. She must've made 10 trips to Michael's for supplies!
The girls. We are so proud of your hard work, Anna!
It was a fun weekend away. I wish I'd had a camera to send with Adam so we could document his trip! He got two days of skiing in and said he had a great time. It was fun to get away and do our own thing, which made it all the better to come back and be together. :-) Aww...

No comments:
Post a Comment