Monday, March 12, 2012

Lasagna & Guatemala Update

This has to be one of the strangest photos ever to be posted on this blog--Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage.  But hey, when the Sunday paper says it's on sale at Target, you make haste and get to it! 

As of Thursday afternoon, we had six lasagnas to make.  Compared to our twelve the week before, it wasn't that many!  So I sent an email out to my office and asked if they were interested and filled up four more spots.  If you're making several at once, it's easier to just dirty up all the pans at once, instead of several times, we've learned.

When we started this second round of cooking, we had $540, and I had neglected to take out the cost of the supplies, so really we had much less.  Not going to lie, I was getting a little concerend about making our $1,000 deposit by March 20. 

God is proving his faithfulness by the hour in this whole process, it seems.  I opened up some mail from the weekend and found a sweet note and a check from dear friends--ones not close enough to even give a lasagna to.  It kind of stunned us into silence for a good 20 minutes.  And then we went to my parents house to have a central location from Dallas/Plano friends to pick up their dishes.  By the time we pulled away, we'd raised exactly $1,000.  (And yes, this time I've already subracted money for our supplies!)

I brought four to work, and have been given even more than we're asking for, and today's not over yet.  We are well on our way to Guatemala! 

Thank you for your prayers for our trip, for your generosity and for your encouragement.  The Lord is using you in so many ways, not just monetarily, to help us go on this Mission Trip.  We are so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment