So...we moved back at the end of October. It was stressful. Very stressful.
However, we had lots of help, and I realized that I never documented that part! There were four fire fighters that moved a lot on Friday while I was at work. (Between AMP's schedule and mine, we just had to do it that day.) My job was to bring pizza, so I think I had it pretty easy!
Lyndsy and Mom came over to help with the kitchen that week. We lined all the drawers and shelves before unloading dishes and such. They were a huge help! I hadn't seen Lyndsy in a long time, and I think I texted her and said, "I know this isn't much of an invitation, but I miss you and I need help organizing my kitchen. Can you come over?" And there she was! So when she moves, all she has to do is say the word, and I'll be right on over organizing something!
Saturday, I enlisted a couple of Baylor guys to take furniture from my Aunt Laura's house to our new place, since Adam had to work. Dad and I drove the U-Haul over and then I put him to work on this wall! It had ugly, peeling wallpaper, and we (still) plan on doing something to it, but for now, it actually still looks like this. Some people have commented that it looks very artsy, and other people just wonder what the heck is going on. It's mid-project.
Auntie Laura came over just as Papa finished putting the bed together with Mom (no photo, but much appreciated!). She offered to iron the bedskirt. Recently, we spilled hot chocolate on it (even with a lid, the hot chocolate fell on the floor and got all over this thing!) Since I've washed and ironed it now, I have a new appreciation for this act of service that she did!
Not pictured, is sweet Amanda, who drove up from Waco to help me and mom "accessorize" and unpack. She'd offered earlier, but I didn't think the timing would allow for there to be anything but moving to be done. Because we ended up moving on Friday instead, Amanda got to come and see the house and hang out on Saturday. She was a huge help, and I loved being able to have her there to think things through as we unpacked them. I'm forseeing a trip to Houston soon after they move there to do something similar. :-)
That night, we were in really great shape thanks to all the help we had on Friday and Saturday. We continued to move Sunday afternoon, and while I was at work on Monday, Adam finished up bringing things over from his apartment.
The best news is that we will never have to combine our things from four different places again! (His, Mine, Furniture from Laura and our wedding gifts at my parents' house).
And here's a huge shout out to our family and friends who helped us with this mountainous task. It was much appreciated, and we definitely could not have done it without you!
Love that picture!! can't wait to snag you for decorating help SOON!!
ReplyDelete