Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fun week in Review

Well, it seems that almost a year into marriage that Adam realized we're fairly busy people.  I'm not sure what hit him, but I'm guessing it's the fact that he's now using a calendar regularly and can see everything we have going on.  Ha.  :-)  This week has been particularly busy, but all with great things.

Last Friday, we had date night--burgers at Keller's Drive in, went to Half Price Books, and then headed over to see my cousins & a lot of my fam.  Austin has lived in Jacksonville for two years now, but his girlfriend, Rebecca is moving there now, and so we had a little farewell dessert party for them.  (And in case you're wondering, we like Austin and Rebecca a lot!)

{AMP, Austin, Me and Anna--almost the 4 cousins}

Saturday, we trekked over to Colleyville for a couples' wedding shower.  I got to meet baby Ava and hold her.  She's so cute and little and squishy and bendy.  She's like a little doll!  Loved it. 


Rye Dog and I take our roles of cheering on our resident student quite seriously around here, so we made sure he knew we were backing him 110% when Adam started his first day of school online on Monday.



I really do go to work, despite the fact that I don't talk about it that much.  :-)  This is one of my favorite parts--doing all the printed materials for March for Babies.  I spent quite a lot of time putting the sponsorship packages together this week & was surrounded by a lot of pink and purple.


Adam spent much of his time here at the desk this week at all hours of the day and night.  He's taken several quizzes and done lots of studying already.  He's quite dedicated and driven.  So proud!


If this isn't the cutest photo you've seen in a while, then I don't know what is.  This was on Friday going to his first lab class.  I actually had the afternoon off and drove over with Adam to hang out at Starbucks for a few hours and got some writing done.  (I felt like a real writer!)  


Friday night we hung out with our awesome friends from our Guatemala trip.  We love them.  I just got this pic of all six of us, but it's actually in the airport in Guatemala, right before we flew home.  We spent most evenings in the hotel lobby eating Magnum ice cream bars, so our hangouts usually still revolve around some sort of dessert.  It's the best way, really.

{Shay & Adam, Andress & Patrick, Katie & Josiah}

I babysat the boys on Saturday afternoon, and Graham and I worked on his multiplication facts.  I seriously had to do some thinking on a few of the facts, like all of my 12s!  It made my brain box hurt.

Other highlights not pictured include lunch with my Dad on Friday, Adam and I cooking some great meals together, working on a Pinterest project (Photos to come), and reading several books.  
(I just discovered our church's library.  Yum.)
Whew.  So yeah...this Sunday has been quiet, reading and watching the Baylor Bears' Season Opener.  Just what we needed.  

Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment