Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kitchen Staples Make Me Feel Like a Grownup

This may come as a surprise, but lately I've been feeling more and more like a grown up.  (Mind you, I've been out of my parents' house for seven years, worked a full time job for three and have been married almost one.)  But it didn't really hit home with me until lately, in my own kitchen.

I'd been eyeing this Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf online, and this week seemed like a great time to make it.  So as I was assembling our grocery list, I quickly realized the only things we actually needed to complete this recipe were plain yogurt and a lemon.  That's it!

That means that I didn't have to go to the store to buy eggs, flour, sugar, Vanilla or anything else that it called for.  Typically, I would need to go to the store to buy all of those things, any time I wanted to make something from scratch.  (Which wasn't that often, so I'd just buy the smallest amount possible.)

Yesterday, I stood in my own kitchen and scooped those dry ingredients right out of the canisters we registered for, and strolled over to the pantry and fridge for the rest of my ingredients. 

Call me crazy, but I felt like Superwoman.

And to make it even better, the bread was actually delicious.  (Sometimes this is also a feat when i make something.  Remember Amelia Bedelia.)

So here's the recipe that made me feel like I could conquer just about anything.  At least for a few hours.  I would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment