Thursday, September 27, 2012

Anniversary Trip {Part 1}


We celebrated our one year anniversary with an end-of-summer trip to California, just a week before our anniversary.  We were gone eight days, and we were busy bees!  I'm doing this in two parts--otherwise it would be picture overload!  The first portion of our trip was spent near LA, where we stayed in Anaheim and could walk to Disney Land.  After flying Virgin Air (our favorite!) out to LAX on Wednesday, Sept. 12, we did California Adventure on Thursday and Disney Land on Friday.




This is Duffy.  I'd never heard of him (but I sure didn't tell him that!)  
I liked him because he was a bear.  :-)

Waiting in line for the Star Wars ride on the second day.  It was 106 degrees that day.  H-O-T.

Kid at heart!
 
We laughed at all the strollers.  Someday when we have kids and have a hairbrained idea to cart them around Disney in a stroller, show us this photo below...
 
I'll admit, he does look like a natural.  But no.
We both went to Disney World for the  first time when we were 9 and 10, so hopefully someday, we will remember to do the same!
 

They emailed you this photo, so we definitley sent it to ourselves.  Adam won that game.  Ugh.
 
 
I was a little surprised that they already had their Halloweed decorations out, but I guess they'll roll out the Christmas stuff by the time Halloween is actually here.  Ha.
 
And this is proof that I rode the roller coasters!  We've both come such a long way from growing up never riding them. And now as soon as they're over, we get right back in line!
 
The second day, (the extra hot one), we were zonked and walking around Downtown Disney about 2 p.m.  We'd gone through all the rides, most of them twice.  And then we saw a restaurant that offered happy hour starting at 2.  It was 1:56, so we were right on time.  Hooray for adult happy hour!
 
We refueled with chips and salsa and quesadillas, too. 
 
Mickey and Minnie sent us out of the park with a little dance routine, and we were on our way.  Disney Land wore us out, so we'd go back to our hotel and nap in the afternoons.  It was a nice perk of vacation!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment