After spending time in LA/Anaheim, we flew Southwest up to San Francisco and rented a car. We were offered an upgrade, and when they casually mentioned it was a 2013 Mustang, my eyes lit up. Poor Adam didn't even stand a chance saying no! Ha. But I'm certain he also enjoyed it. It was a bonus that it came in red--my fave.
We stayed at a Bed & Breakfast about three hours from the SFO airport. It's a family-run business, and I'm pretty sure we met the entire family while we were there! Our favorite member was Finnigan, the Golden Retriever. He met us at the door every time.
The first full day we were there, we drove about an hour to see the Sequoia trees. They're huge! We hiked a 1.5 mile loop of flat terrain--totally my style.
Look...I look so athletic.
{And yet Adam would be quick to point out my large sunglasses.}
Um yeah...big trees.
We laughed at this self-portrait AMP took, since it looks like he's dragging me on this route. I promise, he was not. But as we were finishing up, I suggested that since we were already here, he should do another more challenging hike. And I would happily wait back near the car and read. (He knows me well and packed the Kindle.)
When AMP returned from his hike, he found me here. (Just for the record, I did read outside for almost an hour, I just kept getting bug bites.)
Bear with the Bears.
On our way back, we were really on quiet back roads with very few places to stop. We were both so hungry at about 2:30 that when we passed a McDonald's, Adam actually said he had to stop and get something to eat. I was so shocked to see him eating fast food (and McDonald's, no less!) that I documented it and sent it to our moms.
We went out to eat in the town every night, and had to make a point to be there before 8 p.m. They closed up shop after that! It cooled down in the evenings some. There were about 10 restaurants in Twain Harte, California, and the few we tried were really good. We wondered how they stay in business, since it seems like such a small town with so many restaurants, but they seem to be doing just fine.
The next day, AMP set out on his own to explore. He left about 10 a.m. and returned about 6. He was just high on life when he got back! This was his kind of adventure.
To contrast, I enjoyed spending my day at the B&B, reading, writing and getting one of the best massages of my life.
And I'll leave you with this dapper, robe-wearing man of mine. He might shoot me for this. I'll have to see. But they were just the coziest things, and we loved wearing them!
We drove back to the SFO airport and flew Virgin Airlines home on Wednesday night. Mom and Dad picked us up and took us to dinner, so it was fun to catch up with them. We hurried home to see Rye Dog and were so glad to be reunited! Coming home then made for a short week, and I could really get used to just working Thursdays and Fridays!




No comments:
Post a Comment