Last night before bed, Adam asked me if I would blog, because he "didn't want me to forget about us!" I guess that's a sign that I've been a little quiet on the blog front! We've kept super busy, as usual, and a few weeks ago were full of a lot of celebrations. Here's a peek...
Sept. 7--Happy 55th birthday to Dad!
I celebrated with Mom and Dad (AMP had to work), Mark, Laura, and Anna, Papa and Jonita, and Smoo! (Mom asked if I wanted to invite their "other daughter." I thought that was cute.)
I was in charge of the cake, so I made my summer go-to cake--graham crackers, strawberries and cool whip layers. It was a hit!
We've had this plate for years, and I love it. Mom did a fun job of decorating the table, and this was Dad's spot.
This was the "Gary Basket," full of things that represent all that my dad does--drums, work, flying, running, and we had things that represented both Skippy and Bella, too. It was a fun little conversation item!
I thought more than a book or an iTunes gift card, Dad might appreciate a homemade gift, so I wrote a poem and included mini candy bars, and I also filled a bag with the extra candy. It was fun to write and fun to give. I'd highly recommend it!
Saturday morning was the first day it actually felt like fall in Dallas, and everyone in town seemed to be out in full force! I started my morning with some back porch, coffee-drinking, Rye time.
Then we went running, as I'm gearing up for a 5k in October and AMP is helping me get my rear in gear.
Rye came with us to run at the lake, and you'd have thought he'd never smelled so many things before. We got him a new harness to wear on walks and runs so that he doesn't choke himself pulling. It works pretty well, but he was worn out and looking for some shade after we finished up! He continually amazes us with how smart he is, and he was very quick to find the only shade available under AMP's truck!
Saturday night, we headed off to a wedding of my college friend, AnnePal. She used to be my babysitter, then a friend in choir at Baylor, and now a post-college city friend.
We dropped Rye off at Molly & Nathan's house to see how he would do overnight with Patriot. It was a little test run to see if they would get along while we were out of town. We dropped him off and Molly snapped a photo for us. After our run, I'd say we cleaned up pretty well!
The wedding was so fun. I saw lots of old friends and we danced quite a bit. This was our first wedding to attend together since our own! 2013 looks as though it's going to be full of fun weddings, so we needed some practice!
Is this not one of the cutest things you've ever seen? This is Madeleine, from our BSB group, as one of Anne's flower girls. She had lots of practice at home, and knew exactly what to do and where to go. She wore little silver sparkly Toms and the cutest dress. Mads did great, and it was so fun to see her in this role, acting even more grown up!
Anne and Patrick tied the knot at Lee Park, outside. It cooled off late the night before and was a perfect evening for their beautiful wedding. I love seeing friends so happy!
Sunday, we prepared to go out of town later in the week. AMP and I both love coming home to a clean house, which is a tall order sometimes when you have to pack and work and have other stuff after work, too, so we knew to start early. There was some major organizing going on, including Adam's dresser drawers and closet. It paid off, though, because he found $80 in his jean shorts ("jorts") that he thankfully got rid of. ;-)
Well, it was quite the busy weekend, and we are just getting started with September with this recap. I'll share about our summer vacation/anniversary trip to California next!











No comments:
Post a Comment