Thursday, October 4, 2012

Celebrating 9.24.11 {One Year of Marriage!}

Last Monday, AMP and I celebrated one year of marriage!  It's hard to believe it's been a year already.  (Doesn't everybody say that?!  But seriously.)


We celebrated Sunday night at Maggiano's, where we held the rehearsal dinner.  Adam's parents sent us a gift card to enjoy, and enjoy we did!  We sat in the same booth where we'd taste-tested the food with his parents for the rehearsal dinner, which was totally unplanned, and really fun.  Then, we went upstairs to the small ballrooms to see where we were a year ago.  It was fun to reminisce that evening.



Monday, we celebrated by drinking a little champagne from our wedding flutes (Thanks Papa & Jonita!) and watching our Rehearsal Dinner DVD.  We'd not watched it before, so it was great to hear all the sweet and hilarious things people said to us.  I'm so thankful that we have that to keep!


We headed to dinner at Nick & Sam's Grill, one of our favorite places to celebrate things.  (We've celebrated Valentine's Day, 6 months of marriage and now our 1 year anniversary there.  We won't mention the time that David was in town and the three of us went, which was followed by 24 hours of a lovely stomach bug!)

Also, a fun little side note, I'd remembered one of my favorite author's recommendations to wear your wedding shoes on your anniversary.  So, I wore my flat wedding sandals during the day at work, and then changed into my sparkly heels for dinner, which I wore with my short dress at the wedding, when I changed partway through the reception.  I'd say I'm a little sentimental.  :-)


A-typical for us at Nick & Sams, we opted out of dessert, but only because we had our wedding cake to come home to.  This wasn't actually the original topper (it didn't make it into the freezer), so I just went back to the bakery and showed them a photo and asked them to recreate it.  It was delicious, and we ate on it the entire week.  We didn't want it to go to waste!!


{Champagne Flutes and the Cake Cutter from our wedding, a tea towel that reads, "They Got Married," and also two dessert plates from our china set completed the festive table!}

Then, we watched our Wedding DVD.  What a fun and joyful day our wedding day was!  I told Adam that I really liked having something new to celebrate!

Rye also joined in on the celebration with a little cake.  Our year wouldn't have been complete without him!  I love his sweet face as he waits oh-so-patiently for us to let him eat it.  He was one happy boy!



The traditional gift for one year of marriage is supposedly "Paper," and I'd seen these block letters made out of paper at Target.  I bought an A & S, and we wrote on each other's initials things that happened to us this year.  It turned out to be very meaningful, and something that brought lots of smiles.


Here's to the start of year number two!

No comments:

Post a Comment