My parents hosted a house-full of friends for this weekend at the lake. Every bedroom was full, even the couch in the den (yes, out in the open...poor Drew!). This was the first time AMP and I have been to the lake since we've been married, so it was fun to have our own little spot, too!
The water was choppy, which made for a measly two jet ski rides and no boating, but it was just so nice relaxing, that I don't think anyone minded! There was actually shade and a breeze pretty often, which is not always the case.
The Flaggs and the Caldwells joined us, including Kelley, and her mister. We like them. Lots. Drew was quite the trooper as the token UT grad with all the Baylor talk and connections. He and Adam could relate very well in an I-don't-speak-Baylor way! It's so fun to see a lifelong friend so very happy. I'm a fan!!
{iPhone pic} Hanging out on the deck
The parentals took turns playing "42," a domino game. They tried to finagle Adam into playing, but it requires too much sitting still for him, I think. Drew took his spot at some point, and even still, the game didn't last too long.
Saturday night even more Baylor peeps came over from across the lake. Kelley and I and Mallory stopped for a little Tri Delta sunset pic, and our parents gabbed for hours. 30 years of friendship will do that, I suppose!
There was lots of hanging out on the deck in this spot this weekend!
Gerald's birthday was Monday morning, so Vicki made this fabulous french toast while Dad helped with the scrambled eggs and bacon. Aprons brought to you by Vicki.
Gerald had quite the selection of shirts to choose from as well!
It was a fun weekend full of friendship and relaxing. And now it's June and the start of summer. Here's to lots more trips to the lake and relaxing weekends!
No comments:
Post a Comment