Father's Day weekend we had special visitors come down from Iowa. Adam and I were really excited to have his parents visit for the first time since our wedding. There was much to catch up on, and we were thrilled to have them stay in our little house. (My camera is currently in Houston, so I'm just using iPhone pics because I don't want to go another day without documenting this!)
Mike and Adam are definitely cut from the same cloth--they love to stay busy and have projects. Not to fear: I had a wishlist of projects that required more than one set of hands to get the job done. After arriving Saturday morning at about 8:30, we got to visiting and working. Mind you, they drove through the night, and, as usual, they were their chipper, happy selves without a yawn in sight. I really don't know how they do it.
First on the agenda was changing the dryer door to open from the opposite side to make doing laundry a bit easier. This made me especially happy!
We sat and visited, ate, talked some more, and did projects while they were here. Neither of my inlaws are very fond of the camera, so you can kind of see Norene sitting with me and Rye on the purple couch, just to prove she was there, too!
Norene and I had a great "girl time" shopping and talking and cooking. She was always doing dishes or helping with something. I swear, they worked so hard during their stay here, it can hardly be called a vacation!
Father's Day, I sang on the Praise Team at church, and then we came back home for lunch with Papa and Jonita. Thankfully Adam and Mike pulled through beautifully, grilling Iowa chops for us (inch-thick pork chops = amazingness). Norene made the green salad with fresh fruit, and everything else was a flop (thanks to me!). I have never messed up so badly in the kitchen on several things at once. Thankfully, I have very sweet inlaws and understanding grandparents. We all got a good laugh over my kitchen mishaps!
On Tuesday, Norene and I ran errands and made a birthday cake. (She made it. I sort of "helped." It's better that way, I think!) We celebrated Mike's birthday that night, since Adam and I both had the day off. Mike and Norene celebrated on Monday (his actual birthday), as well. (Adam and I were both working...bummer.)
While we were out running errands, the guys rewired the garage and organized it. Impressive, no? I think so! They added lights and electrical outlets that made much more sense than what was origianlly there.
And this was Tuesday night before they left. Adam and Mike found yet another project to work on--a side table with wonky drawers. They worked up until the last few hours of their Dallas visit!
We are really grateful that they made the drive down to see our world and love on our doggy. They made fast friends with Rye. We received a Furminator brush to help with the shedding, and Rye got some scraps every now and then (but not from the table!).
Thanks so much for coming to visit and love on us. It's always a treat to get to spend time with y'all**!
**Usually I get a chuckle or two when they hear a "y'all" come out of my mouth, but I think they're getting used to me and my Texas accent! :-)




We had a great time, too! And don't worry, working on "projects" is how those two guys relax...like father, like son!
ReplyDelete