Thursday, June 14, 2012

Handmade Picnic Table

I've mentioned on here before that I have the handiest hubby, but I'm going to show you just how handy he is!

 

I'd been dreaming of a picnic table for our deck in the back yard, pinning ideas on Pinterest and just thinking about it.  We talked about different styles and what would look good and that sort of thing.  I sketched a draft of what I wanted the side and top to look like, and then AMP went to town with the measurements, the trip to Lowe's and then making all the cuts, and of course putting it all together.   
 
The top has Carriage Bolts in it, which aren't the easiest thing to use, but that's the look that I wanted, so he took the extra time to pre-drill the holes (from the top and bottom) in order to install them that way.  

Adam's favorite feature of the whole table is that the legs can come unscrewed from the top, for easy moving.  (No, we're not moving.  But it's gonna have to happen someday.)

He rounded the corners of the boards and made sure everything was juuuust right.  I started staining the benches a "Kona" color, but with all the rain we've had, I got sidetracked and was waiting for the table to dry out.  AMP finished that up for me, two weeks ago and put a deck sealant on it so it stays nice and protected.

We've enjoyed several meals at our table, and it makes me so very happy!  Rye likes to find shade under the table, sometimes, too. 

Thanks for building this awesome table for us, AMPersand!



2 comments:

  1. Cool table, Paulsons! Very impressed. Maybe next time you can make tables instead of lasagna. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...it turned out GREAT! Love this table. It makes it even better since Adam made it! And, great idea to make it easy for moving. You guys make a great team! :)

    ReplyDelete