We had a great weekend celebrating with my parents and Papa. (Our cousin Anna graduated from Baylor the same weekend! Congrats!!)
Friday night after arriving on our Jet Blue flight to Boston (which we loved and would highly recommend), we grabbed dinner at Legal Sea Food and I got my first taste of clam chowder for the weekend. (It wouldn't be my last!) Since there were graduations going on all across Boston, Mom made sure we had reservations for restaurants at all our meals. It was really nice to have a plan and not have to wait, and she made sure to check and see if seafood places had non-seafood items, just for AMP. :-)
Then we went to the concert where Berklee grads performed songs originally done by the Eagles and Allison Krauss. They received honorary doctorates the next morning at graduation. It was no surprise that every song was well done by the talented musicians. Allison Krauss sang "Down by the River" with a gospel choir behind her. The Eagles were apparently too cool for school to sing.
Family Photo!
Saturday morning we headed to graduation. Adam and I both brought books to read, haha. We arrived about 9:30, they started at 10 with speeches and whatnot, and didn't get to Troy's name until almost noon. They had about 1,000 graduates that morning and whipped through them pretty fast!
{The Eagles receiving their honorary doctorates}
It's always been a family joke that Troy has two moms--Sheri and then me. See below for the example that Adam caught...
Love pats from Mom
And a helping hand from sister
Proud parents! (Can you say, "Off the payroll!")
I couldn't pick which photo with Troy and Dad I liked best. So I give you both. Mom has a great one of the two of them on her camera...maybe I can steal.
The Paulsons with the graduate!
(and yes, his tassel and neck thing are pink. pink. go figure.)
We had an afternoon break and celebrated again with dinner and bowling at King's. Troy's girl, Sarah, and her parents joined us too. It was fun to catch up with them!
Papa really was happy to be there. I promise.
He's just a smidgen competitive and bowling's not his thing. At least he beat me! And I think a few more. ;-)
Troy and Sarah--the talented couple and graduates!
We are so proud of T-Roy! He's walking dogs during the week now, and then he actually gets paid to practice and perform with Men in Black, a popular wedding band up in Boston. They are busy traveling around the East Coast. Weekend before last, he was in Vermont and Rhode Island for weddings. Pretty cool to be paid to do what you love! He's also busy promoting his own band when he's not busy with dogs or weddings. :-)
Sunday morning, Adam and I headed to the airport to rent a car and drive up to Maine. Part two will continue soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment