Thursday, May 10, 2012

Guatemala Benefit Concert

We had our Benefit Concert on April 28, and we had a great turnout, felt loved and supported, and raised all of our money to take our Mission Trip to Guatemala, and then some!  


Set up was definitely a family affair.  Troy, Adam, Dad and Papa set up the sound system, which involved carrying it down narrow, winding stairs from the play room.  

Adam did a great job introducing Troy.  He'd been practicing the whole, "Known up and down the Eastern Seaboard and Europe" (per Troy's bio on his website).  



 Auntie Laura and Papa hanging out as we were warming up and practicing

The boys came (with their parents!), and were really good listeners.  :-)  Are they not the cutest?? 

 And this is more typical. Of all of them.

I think the rest of these of the crowd are pretty self explanatory, but I did want to give a special shout out to Anna who came up from Waco for the concert and took all these photos!  I'm so glad we have them!



Presh.



  

Troy sang some cover songs, 
then it was my turn,
then he played some of his originals,
and then we ended together.  

I loved singing with him!  We hadn't done that in five years since Papa & Jonita's wedding.  We practiced that afternoon, and went with it!  He and I have grown up a lot, so it was much improved from practicing (and fighting) when we were younger!

 
Jonita and "The Grannies" were out celebrating a birthday, and then they came to catch the end of the concert.  I sang with all of them in choir at Prestonwood, and it was so great to see them!



It was a wonderful evening, and we are so honored that so many family and friends came to support us by being there and also financially for Guatemala.  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment