Friday, May 11, 2012

David visits Dallas & Rye's Swim Lessons

AMP's brother, David, had some time off that was about to expire, so he came down to visit last weekend.  He was the first Paulson to visit our new home, and we were glad to have him!  We kept him pretty busy with Dallas-y stuff...

We picked him up Wednesday night and took him to Whiskey Cake.  Everything was great; we sat on the patio and even got dessert...Whiskey Cake, of course.  And what is a tour of our house without showcasing Slizard??


 Thursday night, after grilling out, we took David to Top Golf.  It's quite popular around here, so we waited an hour before getting to play, but we got there eventually!




Then the guys went to see 21 Jump Street, at 10:15 p.m.  That's nearly my bedtime, so I went home!  But they had a great time laughing, so I heard.

Friday, we took David to Six Flags--his request!  We hadn't been since we were dating two years ago.  We rode every roller coaster that was open (My favorite, Mr. Freeze, was closed.  Bummer.)  They opened the park at 2 p.m., and we'd ridden every ride and were on our way back around 6:30.  Needless to say, there were short lines!



Saturday, the boys went to a Car Show, but the cars were all gone by the time they got there.  Major bummer.  After lunch, I met them over at my parents house to hang out by the pool.  Things got very interesting because Rye and Bella met for the first time!  They played chase and wore each other out.


And what's chase without knocking over a planter?


This is the only photo I have of the two dogs.  It was a blur.  But they are friends, and they wear each other out chasing!  I think it's the start of a beautiful friendship.

Later, Rye saw Adam and David in the pool and wasn't able to see how deep it was, so he just fell right in, much to his surprise!  We weren't going to get him in, but Rye Dog had other plans!


Adam was very patient and sweet, coaxing Rye on the steps.  He was very unsure, but eventually he got his paws wet.  He doesn't really know that he's made to swim, I don't think.  I mean, he has webbed feet, for crying out loud!





Saturday night, David treated us to dinner at Nick and Sam's Grill, our favorite.

He left in a taxi Sunday morning, and not soon enough.  (I sound so mean!)  But AMP and I got a stomach bug that hit in the middle of the night, and we were in no shape to take him to the airport.  Thankfully David didn't get it.  I can't imagine having what we did and getting on an airplane.  It was truly awful.  Thursday (four days later) was the first day we finally felt like ourselves again.  I truly cannot remember being that sick in a very long time.

We're glad you came, David!  Come back and visit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment