Sarah and I have been friends since we tried out for Drill Team at the end of 8th grade. She was going to be starting high school at TCA that next year. We've literally been friends ever since. She is a wonderful listener, a go-getter, a planner and an incredible chef. I am so blessed to have friends like this!
I loved the historical charm surrounding the city and the Spanish Moss that hung from the trees. The first thing we did was take a tour on the historical trolley ride, which was hop-on, hop-off, and it was so neat to hear all that has happened in Savannah. I would definitely recommend this activity!
For the rest of the weekend, we basically ate our way through the city. Savannah is so walkable, based on a grid pattern (totally my style), and is easy to navigate.
We took a little stop for drinks & an appetizer at the Olde Pink House, and it was so cool that I decided my family needed to eat there for Thanksgiving! I made reservations on our way out. :-) (In the photo below, Sarah's friend from grad-school, Dana, joined us for the weekend, too!)
We grabbed ice cream at a famous shop that I can't remember. It did not disappoint.
Sunday morning, we ate brunch at the Mansion, and all three of us shared different dishes. It was absolutely delicious!
We stayed at the iconic Thunderbird Inn, and I didn't know they had Krispy Kreme donuts in there until I left on Monday morning! I grabbed some for the road. (Can you say sugar high?!)
It was a wonderful weekend celebrating friendship in a historical town. I can't wait to go back!






No comments:
Post a Comment