Saturday, October 11, 2014

October at Home in Jax

October brought more time away from home, but I managed to make the days in Jax count, filling them as much as possible with time spent with Adam, friends and fun activities.  Here's a look...

I've never written down monthly goals, but I thought I'd give it a whirl.  Even if I didn't accomplish them all, seeing them and referring back to them helped me.  I think I read 4 books (I'm going for 52 for the year, but I'm not sure that's going to happen).  Numbers 2,3 & 4 I didn't accomplish.  And I did complete numbers 5, 6, 8, 10 and 12.  So I'd say for my first round of very ambitious goals, I did fairly well.  There's always next month!


This is my view while I work, most days.  I love working from home, and Rye dog loves it, too.


My good friend Becca came over with her new pup, Nugget.  She's about 4 pounds in this photo.  Rye and Nugget got along swimmingly.  


Is she not the tiniest thing you've ever seen?!



One of the two weekends I was home, I set out to accomplish some projects.  First up was painting our door red.  It was originally that color when we moved in, but after six months it had begun to fade to pink.  We've discovered that the rental company has used cheap paint throughout the house, and I think this was no exception.  After an afternoon of painting, my bright red door makes me smile every time I look at it!


We got our flu shots after church one Sunday and sent my parents this reminder to get theirs, too.  :-)


The student pastor & his wife at our church had a baby this month, so Becca and I, plus a few others went over to welcome this newest addition.  I love brand new baby snuggles.  (And yes, that's the student pastor.  I think God makes most of them nutty on purpose!)


Getting my baby snuggles in!


This sums up at least the first part of October.  I'll be back with a few more updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment