Tuesday, October 30, 2012
A Full Week!
In the last six days, so much has happened, that I just wanted to do a quick recap. It's Fall, y'all, and that means life is full!
1. I went to the Tom Thumb Cattle Drive to kickoff the Allen Rodeo last Wednesday. It's complete with a parade of cattle and a baked potato and steak lunch. Very Texan!
2. Thursday morning, I found a comic strip (I love reading the comics) and a sweet note from AMP. We were gearing up for that night's work event, Signature Chefs. It has been quite the ordeal to plan, and there has been a lot of drama. It was sweet finding this note of encouragement!
3. Everything came together, though, and 850 guests showed up at the new Omni Hotel to fundraise for babies! We surpassed our goal, and the event went well.
4. Anna got to come as a guest with Uncle Mark, as his company had a sponsorship. I'd originally asked her to volunteer, but she got the better end of the deal!
5. And speaking of volunteers, Kelley and Drew came to work the event, along with Molly (we didn't get a photo, bummer!), and they got to taste all the food from 25 Dallas chefs. It's so nice when you have volunteers you can count on to show up and do a specific task. So much of what we do depends on volunteers, and I was so glad to have great friends there!
6. I spent the night at home with Mom after the big gala, so on Friday afternoon, after hanging out with her (we had so much fun!), I came home to Adam conducting some serious business. (He's putting in smoke detectors and installing batteries for our realty company who we rent our house from. )
7. I nearly died laughing when I saw the bottom half of him was dressed in jammers. Playboy bunny jammers, at that! But hey, if you can work from home, why not do it in something comfy?!
8. Friday night was spent hanging out together and reading, and also scaring Rye. He loved it when AMP put this towel on his head. Rye thought it was a super-fun game.
9. Saturday morning, we got up to run the Undy 5000! I cheered Adam and Lyndsy on, actually. Lyndsy's mom works closely with colon cancer patients and really wanted more people to join their team, so she offered to pay the entry fee for the race. It was just around the corner from our house, and we enjoyed the beautiful morning!
10. As I mentioned, the race was all about colon cancer and raising awareness, and they had a huge walk-through colon you could look at. Adam of course wanted his photo.
11. Saturday night, we'd been planning a double date with Claire and Bryan for almost a month. It was really fun to celebrate their engagement!! We had dinner at a local Mexican restaurant and came back to our house to carve pumpkins.
12. The future Mr. and Mrs. Anderson!
13. We had a bit of fun with pumpkin babies. Hopefully someday. :-)
14. Rye was quite interested in this little pumpkin baby. We really had too much fun with this.
15. Our carved pumpkins! The guys pretty much did most of the carving, while Claire and I drew the outline. We enjoyed chatting, and were quite good at it, haha!
16. Today was a sweet day. I asked several of SMoo's friends, via email, to rally around her family for a day of prayer. Her dad, Bobby, has prostate cancer, and it's pretty severe. They were finding out if the latest scans indicated if the cancer was spreading or shrinking. We each took an hour to pray, and also wore Razorback Red as a form of solidarity. :-) I sent this photo to SMoo and her mom this morning and told them everyone in our house was wearing red. The great news was that the scans showed less cancer and that the chemo treatments are working--a huge praise!!
So that's been life through my iPhone lately. We are busy studying (Adam) and getting ready for one more work event (Shay), and then next thing we know, Thanksgiving and my birthday will be just around the corner! I'm definitely looking forward to some time off of work and hanging out with friends and family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment