I wrote this last week rather quickly, but never hit "Publish." I went back and read it and realized it was just a day in the life. A funny one that I'd like to document, so here it is...
We had a rather comical afternoon bike ride here. Adam just replaced the tubes in our bikes yesterday, and two miles in to the ride, his back tire started looking low on air. After pausing three times to fill it up with the hand pump, it would hold air no more. So we began to walk. And walk, we did.
But it was a beautiful afternoon, and we stopped for "Member Appreciation Day" at Gold's Gym. They served us margaritas. Yes, you read that right. Margaritas. At the gym. We sat outside and drank our 'ritas before continuing the ride back to our house.
We'd planned on having lasagna tonight. If you've made one recently (grin), you know that takes about an hour to cook, so AMP started mowing the lawn. As I sit here and write, the lawnmower is going and it sounds like spring to me.
Spring is here! And we went on a BIKE WALK! And the sun is shining and it's not 150 degrees out yet, so I am celebrating.
Our lives are comical. They are challenging. But right this second, I'm incredibly grateful for the food in the oven, the lawn outside the house that covers our head and the man I get to share it all with. And spring is here. Have I mentioned that?
No comments:
Post a Comment