Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rye Beginnings

Our "No Puppy, No Baby" policy began to slowly crumble when we kept Patriot Cash over Easter weekend.  He warmed up to Adam really quickly, and I got a bit jealous after he didn't pay much attention to me--ha!  But we got him back this weekend, and he warmed up to me, so I was feeling much better!

Thursday night, I'd even started looking around at dogs to rescue online.  (Kind of joking.)  There wasn't one that really caught my eye, so I didn't say anything to Adam.  Then, I got the call from AMP at work on Friday, and the rest is history.  


I mean, how can you not love this face?!

I can't resist him.


Proud Mama Bear
 
As the walls of our "policy" were crumbling, I realized that a few things in life really make AMP light up.  Thankfully, I'm one of them!  The others are his family, his best friend Dave, and dogs.  He is just so patient with them and a great trainer!


We're teaching Rye to play catch.  He's getting it!  He knew how to fetch, so this was just par for the course.

Rye and Patriot met this afternoon.  The first meeting didn't go so well.  Patriot was not happy to have another dog on his turf.  After growling and lots of unfriendly barking, we sent Pate back inside.  He came out about an hour later with a better attitude.  :-)  Rye just likes to follow Patriot around and sniff his butt, while Pate tries to ignore him.  I hope that they will warm up to each other soon!


Trying to make friends.  These are our dog-swapping friends, so I hope they get along!

Tomorrow's tasks include a bath for Rye and cleaning the house from Patriot's scent.  We are hoping to bring Rye inside soon and see if he's house trained.  Stay tuned for that.  I'm sure we have a lot to learn.  And so does Rye!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! What a handsome lil companion you've got there...he's precious!

    ReplyDelete