Tuesday, February 21, 2012

We Can Thank Pinterest for That




















We've been eating a lot of recipes from Pinterest lately--it feeds my creative side.  There have been a 








few recipes that haven't been up to snuff, but I didn't include them on here.  So try them,







they're delicious! 



















Here's the Tortellini Spinach Bake in Creamy Lemon Sauce




 









Strawberry Angel Food Cake Trifle, featured at Adam's birthday.  Everything in there meshes together, so it tastes great, but it doesn't look pretty after dipping into it.  I think next time I might make it with graham crackers as one of the layers to give it a little more structure.

Crockpot Chicken Tacos--just four ingredients in the crockpot.  Yum!

And lately when Adam's been working, I've taken to making some dishes that I thought he might turn his nose up to, like these Baked Zucchini Chips.  They were pretty good, but I probably should've gone with the optional parmesan cheese on top.  The good news is that I ate an entire zucchini!  Shocking.  (When I told AMP what I'd made, his nose literally did turn up!)




This is Gnocci Mac 'n Cheese.  Gnocci is part potato, part noodle, and I have fond memories of being introduced to them while in Italy with Lyndsy.  I was going to use them for another recipe, but ended up doing with out them, so they were just sitting in the pantry.  I saw this recipe last week, and happened to have all the stuff for it in our fridge.  (Ok, I didn't have three kinds of cheese, but I had plenty!).  It was really tasty.  I would recommend it, especially if you want to do something a little fancier with a good ole standby!

 
Source: noblepig.com via Shay on Pinterest

Are you hungry after looking through all of that?  I am.  We can thank Pinterest for that, too.

1 comment:

  1. I have a half-written Pinterest blog post... I love it that we are so often on the same brain wavelength! :)

    ReplyDelete