A few friends have asked how we use Groupon. They're really surprised when we tell them we found our lodging for California on this site. Since we've signed up for Groupon, we've elected to receive the regular Groupon emails each day that are for deals in our area, and they also send weekly "Groupon Getaway" emails, which are valid across the country. Some people mind all the emails, but I personally enjoy looking at all the photos!
We'd been looking at going skiing this spring, but it was just really expensive, even with a free place to stay with some family friends. (We are currently on the hunt for some ski buddies, so let us know!) Instead of skiing, I was looking through Groupon Getaways and found a deal for Mendocino County.
Let's pretend have the vacation days and funds to go on a trip next month. I'd look on the site and see that Teton Springs Lodge & Spa looks right up our alley. So I'd click on it and research it a bit.
{This is what the email looks like, with 10 options or so}
This deal is for two nights for $289. (So that's $145 a night. It's actually good for four adults, so that's about $75 per couple, per night. Not bad, if you don't mind sharing a room!)
Doesn't this look lodgy and cozy and like you just want to jump right in??
At this point, I look at "The Fine Print" and figure out if there's a time that would work for us to go. It looks like you can purchase two Groupons and get four nights out of the deal.
I'd also go to their actual website and see if I could find out more information. If there are websites with reviews on it, I look through those as well, but also remember that most complainers like to post negative comments, and the people that had a great experience probably don't take the time. :-)
Now would also be a good time to look for flights to surrounding areas, and what it would cost to rent a car and such. We found a great new website called OneTravel.com They have good deals on rental cars and hotels, if you need to stay near the airport one night before driving to your Groupon destination or something.
Something we like to keep in mind:
What I've learned about Groupon is that there are some really great deals. It's tempting to want to buy them all just because it's a good deal. If there's something we enjoy doing but don't like to pay out the wazoo for it (like movie tickets), or it's somewhere we shop fairly frequently (like Gap), then it's probably a good deal for us, since we'd probably spend money there anyways.
What if it expires?
If you don't end up using your Groupon before it expires, they will refund your money to use on another Groupon purchase.
Groupon Now Deals
You can also use "Groupon Now" deals that come up just for the weekend. Typically, Groupons are valid one day after you purchase them, but these particular deals are available right then, and they expire within a few hours.
We did this Friday night when we purchased a Groupon for a nearby Sports Bar/Tavern that looked good. We paid $10 for the Groupon (it was a $20 value) and then paid about $10 more once we got to the restaurant. So we ended up paying about $20 for a $30 meal. Not a huge savings there, but some! And we learned about a new place that we like, so it was a win-win.
Our Experience
We've used Groupon from things like food to clothes to travel, and I have to say that it's been a really positive experience. Although we've never had a bad one, Groupon does say that if you're not satisfied, they'll refund your money.
ps. Groupon has no idea I exist or that I'm writing this. It's for your own personal benefit--because who doesn't love a good deal!



Yay! Thanks for posting this. I have been wanting to learn more. Can't wait to do some more research.
ReplyDeleteAs the admin of this site is working, no uncertainty very soon
ReplyDeleteit will be well-known, due to its quality contents.
Also see my web site: structured settlement basics
This is my first time go to see at here and i am genuinely impressed to read all at alone place.
ReplyDeleteAlso visit my web-site :: cash for your structured settlement
At this time it appears like Expression Engine is the
ReplyDeletebest blogging platform available right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?
My blog - internet income opportunities
Do you have any video of that? I'd love to find out more details.
ReplyDeleteAlso visit my page ... embarazo de 23 semanas
I am sure this piece of writing has touched all the internet
ReplyDeletevisitors, its really really nice piece of writing on building up new weblog.
my webpage :: yolasite.com
Magnificent goods from you, man. I've be aware your stuff prior to and you are simply extremely great. I really like what you have bought here, certainly like what you're saying and the way during which you say it.
ReplyDeleteYou make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it smart.
I can not wait to read much more from you. That is really a tremendous web site.
Here is my web site; http://ronaldblow.wallinside.com
Hi, Neat post. There is a problem with your site in internet
ReplyDeleteexplorer, might check this? IE nonetheless is the market leader and a good part of other folks
will miss your fantastic writing due to this problem.
my web page: http://nicholas754.jimdo.com
Hi! I know this is kinda off topic however , I'd figured I'd ask.
ReplyDeleteWould you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog article
or vice-versa? My site goes over a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
If you might be interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
I look forward to hearing from you! Awesome blog by the way!
my site ... her comment is here
Thank you, I've just been looking for information approximately this subject for ages and yours is the best I've
ReplyDeletecame upon so far. However, what concerning the
bottom line? Are you sure in regards to the supply?
Also visit my web site :: great post to read
Hi, after reading this awesome piece of writing i am as
ReplyDeletewell delighted to share my experience here with friends.
my website hop over to here
Unquestionably believe that which you stated.
ReplyDeleteYour favorite justification seemed to be on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I definitely get irked while people consider
worries that they plainly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
Feel free to visit my webpage: go to the website
I am genuinely happy to glance at this web site posts
ReplyDeletewhich contains tons of helpful facts, thanks for providing these kinds of data.
Feel free to surf to my web page ... his comment is here
Excellent publish, very informative. I ponder why the other experts of this sector don’t
ReplyDeletenotice this. You should proceed your writing. I am sure, you’ve a great readers’
base already!
Visit my homepage: KNee pain cure