Since we moved in to Narnia about three and a half months ago, our house to the regular, normal person (or husband) probably looked more than complete. After all, we have a lot of furniture simply because we lucked out with family having extra stuff sitting around. (And we are so grateful!)
The walls of our house started talking to me, though, and I finally had a burst of energy to get things hung on the wall. I'd like to give a shout out to Pinterest and to my parents' third car garage, home to some decor items that are currently unused and waiting for a client to purchase. So, we have a few things on our walls that could disappear, but for now, they hang in our home!
My mom likes to give me a hard time because I like to nest and have things "just-so" wherever I live (and former roomies can attest). It's very important to me, for some reason! My office at work had things on the wall on the second day of my job, and I have two lamps in there to make it feel more cozy. I guesss this is just the way I am!
Everything in this first photo, is able to stay. I asked my mom for an old 24x36 frame, which I filled with a map. I've been on the hunt for more "masculine" things to hang on our walls, since I now share this home with a guy, and not girls, like I've done for the last six years.
Here it is a bit closer up. I was originally trying to attach the map so that it would be flat and smooth, but that didn't work out so well, so I just went with a little less-smooth effect and chalked it up to an old-world look. It definitely works for us at the moment!

This blue trapezoid thingy (so high-tech, right?) and the two white flower prints were Dixon garage finds that still had price tags on them when my mom had them in one of her home shows. So those might disappear at some point, but for now, they're hanging here! (The "Friends Gather Here" sign was a Christmas gift from Waco roomies one year. Love it.)
This blue trapezoid thingy (so high-tech, right?) and the two white flower prints were Dixon garage finds that still had price tags on them when my mom had them in one of her home shows. So those might disappear at some point, but for now, they're hanging here! (The "Friends Gather Here" sign was a Christmas gift from Waco roomies one year. Love it.)
Again, trying to find some things that were less girly for the walls, I found a few things on Pinterest that I printed out on nice photo paper and framed them to hang in our bedroom. The top left is a Nike diagram of the different parts of the shoe. I chose the "&" sign because I recently started calling AMP "AMPersand," so I thought both were fitting for Adam.
On the right is a beautifully framed picture and quote that Adam's mom read to us at our rehearsal dinner. It was a "Welcome Home" present that we got to open when we came home from our Honeymoon.
Excuse the glare, but I just love how fun and happy it is in our kitchen! I hung it up and then pointed it out to Adam. It had been hiding between a wall and a table in a thick, brown enevelope. I learned later that Adam thought the envelope was empty, and he'd been meaning to throw it into the recycling for a while. Note to self: mark anything valuable in an envelope as such. Thank goodness that didn't happen!
After all this, I am one nested Shay Bear, which makes for a happy husband. It's a win-win!
No comments:
Post a Comment