Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Celebrating Valentine's Day

We celebrated Valentine's Day a bit early this year, and it was great. 
It was full of sweet words and a great dinner, just the way we like things around here.  :-)

I left this big heart on the refrigerator for AMP.  I wrote lots of little things I love about him and us, like, "I love that you take out the trash" (so romantic, right?)

 When I came home from work on Monday, Adam had these hearts on our bed with things he loved about me and us.  I actually put them in my purse the next day so I could look at them whenever I wanted.  Words.  They get me every time.

And then, possibly the thing I appreciate more than words is having a dinner reservation (okay, it's a close second).  Yes, please.  We ate at Nick & Sam's Grill, and shared one of the best meals we've ever eaten together.  Adam had a field green salad with strawberries and champagne-vinaigrette dressing, while I had a Tomato Basil soup.  For the main course, Adam had baby back ribs, and I had pork tenderloin with loaded mashed potatoes.  (ohmyword)  We shared an apple cinnamon bread pudding for dessert that was served warm and with ice cream.  Needless to say, it was a great meal!

I love this photo for several reasons.  First, it captures Adam's smile when he looks at Slizard.  He stops to check on him several times a day and smiles every time.  And secondly, I thought AMP looked extra snazzy in his sport coat and jeans.  

So that was our Valentine's Day, 2012.  Adam worked on the actual day, so I just whipped together whatever was in our fridge for dinner and went to bed at 9:30.  I felt like a new person with so much sleep this morning, haha.  

Thanks for making me feel loved, AMP, more than just on Valentine's Day--I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment