Troy and Sarah came into Dallas almost a week before Christmas, and we all enjoyed hanging out together. Wednesday night, we went to the Chihuly Exhibit at the Arboretum. The lighted hand-blown glass was pretty spectacular to see, and the balmy 70 degree weather was pretty great too!
{Chihuly Exhibit}
Later that week, Christmas Eve tradition continued as we celebrated with Papa, Jonita (after she celebrated w/ her kids and grandkids), and the Flaggs. Instead of going to a Christmas Eve service, we opted to do our own little thing, so Anna read a little something from Jesus Calling, Troy and I sang three songs with everyone, and Papa read the Christmas Story from the book of Luke. I have to say that I'm a fan of this little family thing, instead of all cramming into the pews. :-)
Original 4 Dixons
(Adam worked Christmas Eve, so that's why he's not in any of these photos!)
Flaggs
Four Cousins
Christmas Morning came, and Adam arrived at my parents' house about 9 a.m., fully expecting to be all hanging out and opening gifts together. Well, that didn't happen! Things were pretty quiet, so Adam came upstairs and we crawled back in bed after feeding Rye and slept until noon. Yes, noon. Troy ended up having a fever and the flu, so that's why he slept so much. I have no excuse. Ha.
Rye wanted to know what the heck Bella was wearing. She doesn't have much fur or body fat, so she needs an extra layer now and then. Pretty cute!
We took turns opening gifts, youngest to oldest (per usual), and the last gift was one Mom gave to Dad. As you can see, he was extremely surprised and pretty stoked about his new watch!
Dad and I did our Christmas Morning tradition and cooked breakfast together--one of my favorite things. We ate about 1 p.m. Ha.
Stocking were hung back up and a fire was roaring, just as snow began to fall--a White Christmas, after all!
AMP decided his truck looked pretty good with snow on it. I have to agree. :-)
This was Rye's first snow with us! It didn't seem to phase him too much at all.
After three years, we actually got to spend Christmas Day together. And it snowed! In Dallas!
Love that.
All of us except sicky Troy went to see Les Miserables in the theater that afternoon. It was fabulous, and I finally understood some of the parts that were a little fuzzy for me. The funniest part, though, was about three minutes into the movie and Adam looks over at me and says, "Wait, are they going to sing the entire movie?" Yes, yes they are...
Stay tuned for more Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment