We ate with the whole fam at a little local Italian restaurant, and then headed back to our house for a dessert party with a lot of her nearest and dearest. It was such a fun evening, and she's still talking about it a week later, so I think it was a hit!
My good friend Sarah, who spent a year in London at cooking school, came
over to help me bring to life a cake I'd seen on Pinterest. We spent
the whole day baking in my kitchen, and had a blast hanging out.
There's a lot of "sit around and wait time" when it comes to baking, so
it was the perfect activity for catching up. I so enjoyed her company
and her help, because we all know that I'd have a different outcome than
this beautiful creation!
There was powdered sugar all over the floor when she left, which is just a sign of a good dessert, in my book! Aunt Laura offered to come help me set up a bit before dinner, and she was just the biggest help. Not many aunts will come over and vaccum and swiffer your floors! We had fun planning this little party together, for sure. She brought mom's other favorite dessert, Boston Cream Pie, and everyone wanted a "sampler" platter. :-)
Four layers of lemon cake with butter cream frosting--yes, please!
{The Dessert Table}
I busted out my china to serve on, since I hadn't used it all year. This was reason to celebrate!
The other fun thing we did was have a photo booth. Sarah and I copied some designs from (yes, you guessed it!) Pinterest , and attached them to little sticks. I figured everyone would have some fun playing with these. I think it was a hit!
{Mom & Dad}
{Mark & Laura}
{Troy & Sarah}
{Vicki & Laura}
Vicki thought this was a costume party, so she came dressed as a strawberry. Really.
{Vicki, Sheri & Laura}
Friends since junior high!
I sure hope we look as good as they do 30 years from now!
Tom & Susan, or Mr. and Mrs. Baylor
Mom directing "Happy Birthday," which had to be one of the prettiest versions ever sung because of all the musical people and harmony we had in the room!
Birthday girl with her cake and pie
I think I've mentioned 2 or 20 times that this is not my favorite room in the house, but everyone seems to gravitate here towards the sectional. Once they realized it was my least favorite, they proceeded to cram as many people on it as possible! Too funny.
And yes, that's an exercise ball. I got lessons from Sue the P.E. coach on how to properly use it. :-) It also works very nicely as a foot rest, as you can see.
Troy LOVES to play 42 now, so Gerald went back home to get the dominoes. Sarah was learning with Troy.
What a fun evening celebrating Mom! Happy Birthday, you are so loved!
No comments:
Post a Comment