Tuesday, December 25, 2012

{Our Little} Christmas Celebration

After the movie, Adam and I packed up and headed back to our house.  I didn't feel like driving back in the ice/sleet/snow mess, so Adam sweetly offered to just come back with me the next day to get my car.  I'm so glad--I just really wanted to be together!

We came home and got our stockings ready for each other.  I forgot that Paulsons wrap everything in the stockings, and Dixons don't, so he wrapped all my little stuff inside my stocking and I didn't wrap anything in his!  #familytraditions




Adam said all he really wanted to do was sit by the light of the Christmas Tree, so after we opened our gifts from each other (I got perfume from my wishlist, M&Ms, candles and a few other sweet and thoughtful gifts, and he got a new hair cutting kit and a few other very practical things!), we sat snuggled up under the quilt his grandmother made.  I learned that he and his brother used to sleep by the tree on Christmas Eve when he was little, so I thought it was sweet to get to do that together!

December 26th, Mike and Norene were driving down with the two dogs, so we spent the day getting situated and ready for their arrival!  Here is our front room decorated for Christmas with the afternoon light cominng in.  You can see that Rye got a stocking, too (topped with brown fur, naturally).  


No comments:

Post a Comment