Oh hi, it's me again, just realizing I haven't posted much on our life lately. Actually, I've been posting quite a bit over at The Pocket Buzz, but just not over here. So if you've missed those posts, I'll try and do a little recap! {I updated our blog look, so if you're reading this via email, click over to see!}
December 1, my girl-family-people hosted author/blogger/speaker Shauna Niequest at Anna's apartment for a fun Saturday morning. Anna had this vision of a cozy morning talking about Shauna's books and about life and friendship--all things that Shauna is very good at talking about. She was in town for a couple of other speaking engagments, so Anna emailed her assistant to see if we could snag some time with her. We had about 15 girls there for coffee, breakfast bites and a great morning of conversation.
Shauna has been such an inspiration to me and to Anna, and we were just about beside ourselves to get to have this time with her. I blogged more about our time at the PB.
The four of us made a great team, and it was a happy morning!
The four of us made a great team, and it was a happy morning!

We decided to have a date night watching the original Dr. Seuss version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, while sitting on the fold-out bed, Christmas Tree lit and Grinchy Drinks. {Lime Sherbet with 7up poured over it in our new BU mugs. Delish.}
Fun fact: Did you know that the cartoon version is only about 30 minutes long? We were shocked. It took us a while to realize that when we were little and watched it on TV as kids, they had commercials to space it out and make it last an hour!

Many afternoons after work or on the weekends, it seems we gravitate toward "family snug time," with Rye up on his purple couch...practically in our laps. We tried to get a family photo, and Rye ended up being mesmerized by his face, and ours, on the screen trying to take the last photos. It was really hilarious.

After watching a documentary at the Fire Station on the benefits of juicing fruits and veggies to get the most nutrients, Adam was inspired to eat healthier. We didn't go as far as juicing, but we started to eat whole foods, instead of processed ones, and model our eating habits after the Whole 30 program. We committed to 21 days instead of 30, so that it wouldn't run into Christmas.
Never having been to Central Market, Adam was astounded by their incredibly beautiful fruit selection. I must say, that Albertson's fruit pales in comparision to this stuff, and it's way more delicious to eat!
Adam's done really well at sticking to the plan. He had to add back in some carbs after he went to fight a fire. The no-carb thing wasn't really working for his lifestyle, and understandably so. But, we've added whole wheat bread and sugar-free jelly back in, along with whole-grain cereals as well. Basically, it's all about moderation. He will tell you that he was addicted to sugar {stopping by our pantry for a handfull of plain brown sugar}, but it's so much better now. I'm so proud of how disciplined he is!
There are several Whole30 recipe sites that we've referenced for dinner, and we've tried so many new things--pumpkin seeds, Spaghetti Squash, Pomegranates and more. I haven't been as dedicated, but am still making healtheir choices in snacks {apples and peanut butter} and just in general, but I've still got to have my daily dose of Dr Pepper! {I know. I don't want to talk about my addiction.}
We mailed our Christmas Cards last week, and I also made this one on my phone and posted it on Facebook. So either by mail or by Facebook, hopefully you know we wish you a Merry Christmas!
In keeping with Paulson tradition, Adam gets a train ornament every year, and I've loved getting in on the action now, too. Even though we'll see the family around Christmas, it was fun to get our ornaments early and hang them on our trees! {PS: Isn't the wrapping job pretty? Mike and Norene are the best at wrapping gifts!}
In keeping with Paulson tradition, Adam gets a train ornament every year, and I've loved getting in on the action now, too. Even though we'll see the family around Christmas, it was fun to get our ornaments early and hang them on our trees! {PS: Isn't the wrapping job pretty? Mike and Norene are the best at wrapping gifts!}
Sunday night, I joined Mom and Papa to hear the Park Cities choir sing at their Christmas Program. It was spectacular and brought back so many happy childhood memories. I blogged a little more about the experience over at the PB.I have 5 more days of work before the end of the year. And judging by the way I can't keep my calendar straight and have messed up numerous times lately, I think I will definitely enjoy the mental break! We are looking forward to celebrating with family and friends in the next half of December.
Happy 12-12-12 to you!


No comments:
Post a Comment