Wednesday, December 28, 2011

{Wedding Weekend} Reception



We headed to the reception and Adam and I went to eat in a small room so that we could actually eat!  It's a good thing we did, because I'm pretty sure we sat down once the rest of the evening.

While we ate, our guests enjoyed grilled cheese appetizers made with various kinds of breads and cheeses, along with three flavors of soup shooters.  Then they headed inside for a buffet dinner.  We got to eat all of this, too, and it was delicious.


Steins Bakery made our cake--alternating layers of Marble cake for Adam and Italian cream cake for me.    Amanda let me borrow her cake topper and her earrings that night--two "something borrowed" items!

Entering as Mr. and Mrs.



Our first dance to You are the Best Thing, by Ray Lamontagne.  We had several dance practices, and none had gone as well as this night.  We had so.much.fun.

We danced our little hearts out.  My bustle broke, so I just whipped my dress right around behind me.  It made for a heavy dress, but you can see it swishing!


Dad giving the welcome and blessing

Troy sang Daughters by John Mayer for me and Dad.  He had a sound check with the band a little earlier, and they just picked up and started playing with him.  

Dad and I pretty much swayed and talked and listened to Troy the whole time.  It was great.


Mother and Son dance to My Wish for You by Rascal Flatts
 
Soon after the dances, I had been in my dress for over six hours, and it was getting more than a little uncomfortable.  I had searched and searched for a "get away dress," and finally found one to cut short.  I ended up changing into it much sooner than I originally planned, but it was much easier to dance in, and much less work to walk around in than my wedding gown.






Dr Pepper floats were served later in the evening



We danced

And smiled

And took a brief water break

Bouquet toss

Lifelong friend, Kelley, caught my bouquet.  She has ended up with it in her hands accidentally at many weddings.  It's pretty funny.  :-)

Garter Toss

A fifth grader from church caught it.  Pretty funny.

Claire and Colin, our dance coaches.  We were amazed at our dancing skills that night--it was all because of them!

Hugs for my Dad, telling him how much fun we're having

Fun with my bridesmaids

The Motion Band had everyone out on the dance floor...


All.  Night.  Long.

It was awesome.

Eventually, it was time to leave, so we headed downstairs by way of the escalator and into rose petals thrown by family and friends.



Happy to be married and off to Maui the next morning!

All photos taken by Jess Barfield Photography

1 comment:

  1. Shay, your wedding was GORGEOUS! Your photographer was amazing too!! Hope you and your hubby has a blessed first married Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete