Tuesday, December 6, 2011

November Looked Like This...

I like to capture the "everyday" stuff we do around here, because life isn't always full of weddings and holidays (just lately!).  So here's a peak into other things we've been up to recently...
Back in the very beginning of November was when we had three events for work in about 10 days.  (It was a lot...especially just after moving!)  The first one was the Breakfast that I planned for 800.  Adam got to come and experience what I'd been talking about, Mom decorated the stage with donated mums & pumpkins (they said the stage has never looked better!), and Mom & Dad were there at the breakfast, too.  

We featured old Mavs players, as well as Coach Carlisle and Donnie Nelson.  Since we couldn't get any current players because of the lockout, the Mavs' Championship trophy had to suffice!


Adam got a lot of use out of his suits that week--we worked at the Signature Chefs' event as well.  It's a night where almost 20 of Dallas' top-notch chefs feature some of their favorite dishes.  The fundraiser/auction raised over half a million dollars this year.  It was nice to just show up and do my little job and not have to be "in charge" this time.  :-)  I particularly enjoyed having Adam around and getting to share my work world with him.  He enjoyed it because we got to eat a lot of delicous foods!

In addition to work, we have had a lot of visitors at our house!  Family and friends, and even our friends' families come along!  Thanksgiving week was a revolving door around here.  So fun to share our new place with friends.  
Laura and Anna and our (practically family) friends the Caldwells and their parents were here one afternoon.

If you come for a visit, we might even offer you a Dr. Pepper in a glass bottle!

Adam loves his charcoal grill!  And I have to admit, the flavor is better than a gas grill.  But I don't mind either way, because if a grill is involved, it means I'm not cooking the main dish!


We made good use of our Costco membership last week!  We stocked up on essentials and had some good laughs going down nearly every aisle in the warehouse.  The tricky part was finding homes for all of our paper products, but we succeeded!

So that's what a day-in-the-life at the Paulson's looked like last month.  I enjoy sharing the everyday excitement with AMP--even mundane shopping trips aren't boring when he's around!



No comments:

Post a Comment