I slept some, but was mostly too excited. Mom and I started texting around 5 a.m., and she jokingly suggested that we go and peek at the reception site since we wouldn't be able to see everything we'd been working on until there were people filling the room. Her joke became reality, and she picked me up about an hour later. We went to the Westin Galleria to check it out, laughing and smiling the whole time. It was a fun little surprise to add to the morning. :-)
I went back to my apartment and slept a couple more hours, and then I headed over to my parents' house to get ready. I was having my hair and makeup done by a girl I went to high school with, Maelen. She was a year ahead of me, and we ran into her while shopping for wedding things at Nordstrom. Turns out, she does this on the side, and it was so nice to be able to use her. She made the morning stress-free, and it was great having her at home, instead of going somewhere.
Hot rollers and makeup time
Troy came in to say hi
Dad and Amanda brought us lunch--chicken salad sandwiches that a friend from church dropped off, because someone had done it for her wedding. It really was so great to have that there! SMoo isn't pictured in these photos, but my Maid of Honor was there the whole step of the way. While Mom went to get her hair done, Amanda and SMoo kept me company while I was getting ready.
Dad and daughter
Me & Maelen
The Bride's Room was decorated by more church friends. There were makeup stations and Bible verses around the room (with Peacock paper, of course!)
Friends in the Sanctuary!
Eating a little Subway sandwich after photos but before the wedding. I was feeling a little sick, and I saw that sandwich again a few minutes later, in my wedding dress (but not on it, thank goodness!).
All photos below are taken by Jess Barfield Photography
Claire and Sarah made this "Just Married" sign for our getaway car
This was when they told me that Adam was in the church. I was a little excited.
Pretty sure they were laughing at something I said.
Mom fixing my dress
Mom fixing my veil. This has always been the part that makes me feel so Bridal!
I love this picture--it looks like I'm in a parade. In a sense, I was. We were heading down to the sanctuary to do our "First Look" before the ceremony. It was just the two of us, the photographers and the videographer (but we don't remember them!).
"Our song" has been God Gave Me You, by Dave Barnes. As a surprise, I had a friend at church record me singing it, and that's what I walked down the aisle to meet Adam. The funny thing is, though, that I had to tell him it was me singing--he said it sounded like a pro. :-)
First glimpse. I just love this.
We talked and exchanged cards, laughed and just kept looking at each other. It was a really special time, and I'm so glad we did this.
Then we took tons of photos of every possible combination possible. I think AMP's patience was a bit shot by the end of it, but it really makes me so happy to look back at everything and remember all the people we shared this day with. :-)
We love these doors. My Mom got to help design them as part of the building committee several years ago. They were donated in honor of a man in our church that passed away, and I was baptized in his family's backyard pool. I love that we got married in the church I grew up in.
Bridesmaids
House Party
House Party and Ushers
The Bridesmaids circled up and prayed around me. It was one of the most precious things.
Special roommate moment.
The guys prayed for Adam.
And then it was GO time!


















No comments:
Post a Comment