Christmas in Texas started on Christmas Eve afternoon. We opened a few gifts at my parents with Adam, who got to open all of his gifts, since he worked Christmas Day. Just as in Iowa, we were spoiled with gifts here, too!
Family photo
A Laughing picture, just because.
Then we went to Laura and Mark's house for Christmas Eve festivities. It's not a family gathering without dominoes, so they taught Rebecca (Austin's fiance) how to play "42". She's so smart that she picked it right up. Rebecca and Troy (playing with Austin) beat Dad and Papa. Beating Papa is rare.
We were really glad to have Rebecca join us this Christmas! She and Austin are getting on the same holiday schedule as her sister's family, so to alternate every other year, they both spent 2013 with us. (I don't want to think about how it will be next year with Aussie (and Becky!) missing...) Laura wanted to make her feel extra-welcome, so she fished around for a tradition or two that Rebecca's family does. Rebecca's Mimi gives "Table Gifts" to all the kids at the dinner table, so we pulled out headbands to wear. Papa joined in on the fun, too.
Austin and Rebecca
Papa and Jonita
Sisters! (And I just noticed my Dad's hand in between them...)
Christmas Eve is not complete without the Christmas Story being read by Papa
Christmas morning!
I don't really have any more flattering photos of us, so I'll leave you with this one. Doesn't Rye Dog look handsome with his Red Christmas Bow?! As usual, Dad and I made breakfast after we opened gifts, and then we headed out to see Saving Mr. Banks at the movie theater. I've decided to give a whole post to my fam visiting the fire station later that day, so stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment