Monday, December 16, 2013

27th Birthday Celebrations

I'm fairly certain that Adam is confused as to how my birthday turned into birthday weekend/week/month.  :-)  But it did!  I felt so special and so celebrated.

Wednesday, Laura took me to lunch at Urban Taco.  It's near my office and has quickly become a new favorite!  

Brunette Dinner on Thursday before my birthday at Smoo's house.  We celebrated with a candle in the cornbread and pumpkin chili!  Delicious, and the conversations were good for my heart.  Love these girls!


Friday night, my parents took me to Nick & Sam's Grill for dinner.  Troy joined us, but Adam had to work.  We had a great time, and ate delicious food and fabulous dessert.

 (Apparently we all like wearing printed sweaters...)


Saturday, Adam and I enjoyed just hanging out together.  A cold front blew in with snow/sleet/ice in the forecast, so we made sure to get a good walk in with Rye.  The leaves were turning and falling, and Adam found a HUGE leaf on our walk.  We hated to move, but love that there's a great trail and the lake behind our new place.
The weekend before my birthday, Mom took me shopping for new work pants.  (I had a limited wardrobe for my new job and needed some help.  This one is a lot more business casual and no jeans.  I was kind of up a creek.)  So we went shopping, found work pants and ended up with a few more dresses for my closet as well.  I sent this pic to Mom on my birthday to show her that I was sporting my new dress.  Love it!
 

Mom and Dad were on a mission trip in McAllen on my actual birthday, but that didn't stop me from celebrating with family!  Papa and Jonita took Adam and I to Las Colinas Country Club for a delicious lunch.  I love made-to-order omelets.   This one did not disappoint!


Very thankful for grandparents!  They are so special.


Sunday, the ice storm that was forecasted never actually made it to Dallas (shock!), but we weren't sure what was going to happen, so Adam and I changed our original dinner plans to go to Uncle Julio's instead (it was a bit closer than our original plan).  It was delicious, as usual.

Monday was my work birthday celebration, so when they asked me what I wanted to eat, I introduced them to the wonderful world of Tiff's Treats--warm cookies, delivered right to you.  They even bought milk to go with them.

And Tuesday night, Adam and I went to Kenny's Woodfire Grill, which was our original Birthday Dinner plan.  So I got two birthday dinners with my man.  :-)

The following week was Thanksgiving, so I was celebrated some more by Anna and Laura & Mark with their gifts.  Seriously, my birthday spanned quite a long time--and I'm not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment