Monday, September 30, 2013

Anniversary Week Recap


 This past week was a busy one.  While I headed to Austin, Adam had his first PA school interviews on Friday & Saturday.  He looked so spiffy...I asked for the photo.  And of course, I wanted a play-by-play of the interview.  He could not have been any more prepared, he looked great, and felt good about the interview.  So now...we wait. 

We spent the majority of it in Lost Pines, near Austin.  I was there for a work conference, and our 2 year anniversary was on Tuesday (smack-dab in the middle), so Adam was kind enough to come down, sleep in, ride his bike and float the lazy river.  No, really...it was super sweet of him to drive down, and even though I had to work most of the time, it was so nice to come back to our room and see him occasionally.  And I'm really glad he was able to enjoy all the hotel amenities and relax for a bit. 


  
So many pillows!  I loved the grass cloth wall behind the bed.  Is it just me, or does anyone else take pics of king size hotel beds?  I sleep right in the middle of them when Adam's not around!

I worked, but we had fun, too.  We got our caricature drawn at the Welcome Reception on Sunday evening.  

Anniversary Dinner



I went back to work on Thursday and Friday, and then we enjoyed the beautiful weather, hanging out at home, cleaning out & packing, hanging with the Rye dog, napping during the major thunder storm (yay, rain!) and making homemade pizza (it was delicious).



I've been working on finishing our 2012 scrapbook off and on since August, so I felt very accomplished as I slipped the last few photos into our album.  I was able to share them with SMoo on Sunday afternoon, and we even pulled out a college scrapbook.  We had so much fun reminiscing about college, and it made me very glad that I'm working on my photo albums.



Over on the Pocket Buzz, I talked about my Jawbone UP review that tracks my steps and my sleeping habits, and I'm also committing to writing 31 days on the topic of Friendship.  I have most of my posts already written and ready to go, and I'm excited about it!  I've been wanting to join in on this challenge for over a year, and I think now is the time.  Good practice for my writing regularly, anyways. 


So I think that catches us up for now.  Happy Monday!














No comments:

Post a Comment