Oh, hi! October has come and gone, and here we sit at the end of the month. This was arguably one of the busiest months we've had in a long time, and I just counted it up, and we've only eaten dinner together 13 times this month. That equals crazy in my book! But it's been filled with really fun things, so here's my attempt at capturing it all:
October 3: We continued our tradition this year and brought Molly & Nathan with us to the State Fair. We walked around and ate for about an hour before going in to see The Lion King. The show was amazing, creative, and really so impressive. The animals (er, people) came down the aisles and danced several times. It really was beautiful.
Of course, they have deep-fried-everything, and Adam thought the Cuban Roll sounded good. It was about the size of an egg roll (read: small), but he said it was tasty!
Rye enjoyed peeking out the window to the street. I would sit with him and he snuggled with me a lot. Silly boy.
We celebrated Lyndsy's birthday with Brunette Dinner at my house! I tried to make cupcakes, but they were a flop, so Adam offered to make Snickers Ice Cream Pie. What he didn't count on was the freezer door not shutting, so it didn't really set. But Lyndsy mentioned over and over that it was just so sweet of Adam to make the pie, so I think it went down as a win.
We continued to pack a boat-load of boxes. I thought I'd gotten rid of a lot of stuff, but apparently not, because we have quite a bit to pack.
If this isn't the cutest Baylor Line Dog you've ever seen, then I don't know what is! He was a great sport.
We went to Baylor Homecoming, per usual, and ended up staying in the hotel with my parents. I'd booked the hotel for the wrong weekend, so the cheapest rooms were $300 per night. In Waco. Lovely. They were so kind to share the room, and we both had a queen size bed. I think they laughed at us, though, because we were nearly in bed when they got back to the room, and they left before we were fully awake. #oldfogies
We saw lots of friends--Molly & Nathan and Rich & Megan
Adam was awarded the BSB Baylor Purse (a 25+ year tradition) for his triathlon training. We were both surprised! I got to hold Miss Landry, and ran into Lyndsy at the parade, too. We love our big sunglasses.
Lyndsy and I planned a trip to visit Katie in Nashville back in July, and it was finally here! We spent the weekend with her and had a ball. We ate our way through the city and got to catch up and see her beautiful new house. You can read more about the trip here and here.
Then, Saturday night, I flew to Austin and cheered Adam on during his Half Iron Man Trithlon. I'm planning on doing a whole post on that, because it was really an amazing feat of endurance! He finished in 4 hours, 45 minutes, and I couldn't be more proud!
We celebrated Molly & Nathan's October birthdays at a new spot on Lower Greenville called The Truck Yard, where they have three different food trucks roll in every night. They provide a place to sit and eat, along with fountain drinks and a bar. We even got to bring Rye!
We sent Adam off to Denver for an interview up there, and he was gone Tuesday through Thursday. Our life is in a constant state of limbo, and we are learning to roll with it, but man, is it hard.
While Adam was gone, my parents came over and packed up our entire kitchen in an hour and a half. They are machines! I'm really not sure how we could have moved without all their help!
So, that wraps up October at the Paulson house. I'm worn out reading it all! We are moving this weekend--boxes on Saturday (with the help of family and their big cars) and furniture on Sunday (with the help of movers). I'm hoping once we move that things will settle down. At least I wont' have to think about packing again...at least for another seven months, until our lease is up!
We should know by February about schools, so perhaps this waiting game is more than halfway over (we applied in June!). You know we'll keep you posted. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment