Monday, September 9, 2013

A Week in the Life

Sometimes it's nice to look back through my old posts and remember day-to-day life.  I thought I'd try and capture some of those things here today, so here it goes...

AMP and I try and have "weekly meetings" to discuss our upcoming week, make a meal plan, and just get on the same page.  Lately, things have been extra ca-razy with our schedule, so the crockpot is really becoming our friend.



 Our meals, this week:
  • Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken, (served with rice, in lettuce leaves if you want a "lettuce wrap")
  • Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken (1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce, 1/2 cup Water, Finger full of brown  sugar, cook on low), with stir-fry veggies and egg rolls (I'm not fancy...they're frozen.)
  • Grandma Turano's Meatballs from Dinner a Love Story.  I made it Saturday night, and it took an hour from start to finish, plus Adam cleaned the kitchen for an additional 30 minutes, but we'll get three meals out of it!  Love that, and the sauce is to die for.  (It would be great to even just make the sauce and brown meat and call it spaghetti.  Yum.)
  • We're eating one night at church (can't beat a $5 meal, with no clean up!)
  • I have brunette dinner, so AMP is on his own one night
  • And we're going on a double-date. So that's six nights of meals right there, and only one out to eat (if you don't count church, which I'm not!!).  I'd say that's a winner in our book.

Adam just started his (hopefully last) pre-rec class, and has to go to a lab class twice a week.  It's kind of crazy and inconvenient for him, but he's taking it in stride.  We're waiting to see the results of his PA school interview in a couple of weeks to see if he will need to take another class, but we're hoping (for his sake, and the sake of the wallet!) that he will not have to take this additional class.

Classy, Right??

 He's also training for a Half Iron Man triathlon in October, so that takes about 20 hours a week.  He's really getting into it and (of course) is very good and (of course) wants to get better!

"Hi Mom!"
 

Rye is as cute as ever, and is adapting to his diet well.  Yes, I said diet.  He weighed a whopping 85 pounds when we took him to the vet about three weeks ago.  He recently got some new food, but we were measuring it based on the old food's proportions, and he was really enjoying it.  Now that we've cut back, he's already slimming down and looking quite nice!


We may or may not be moving in November, (yes, it's very much up in the air), so I've been cleaning out our house like crazy.  We will either have to move a lot less stuff, or we will be able to enjoy living in a more organized, less cluttered space.  I can't believe Mom and I took all that stuff up there to Good Will last week.  (Thanks, Mom!)


My new job is keeping me hopping, and I think I'm finally adjusting to the new schedule.  We have a big conference coming up in a couple of weeks (over our anniversary...how nice), so I'm gearing up for that, and trying to accomplish just one task a day when I get home.  If I can do that, then I'm going to call it good.  I no longer have the brain capacity to stay up past 9:30!  So if I can do a load of laundry, or a few pages in the scrapbook, or some other task, I'm calling it an accomplishment.  


Troy's music schedule is in full swing, and he's busy almost every weekend with several shows.  It's so cool to see how his hard work is paying off.  At one of his recent shows, I got to be the Merchandise girl again, and it was fun, hot, and a lot of math!  I captured him signing a CD and remembered how many times we've practiced writing his name so it wouldn't look like a 4th grader.  And it's paid off!



It's a family affair at his larger shows, and I caught Dad exiting the bushes in search of a power source.  He was successful and happy to help.  Let it never be said that our parents aren't supportive!

So that's our life lately, and it is sure to change--that's the only thing constant!  But it's pretty good, and you know we'll keep you posted.  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment