1. Google Maps App is far superior to the Apple Map App. Adam and I went to see Jen Hatmaker speak last Sunday night at a local church. When I typed in First United Methodist Church Richardson, it took us to the one in Garland. Adam pressed on and we found the right place, which is just further evidence of how he loves me well and knew that this was important to me, even if I was ready to give up. :-) And Jen really is a great speaker. The church was packed, and she gave me food for thought. Loved it so much. Just don't use Apple Maps to get there.
2. It appears we've come to the Jetson's age. I went to get my haircut this week, and I snapped this photo as I was waiting. Everyone was on a smart phone or tablet, and just look at these hair dryer things! Oh my.
3. Shutterfly is my new favorite thing. It's been a long while since I've printed photos. (1.5 years, to be exact.) Their latest uploading system is quick, easy and painless. If you spend over $30, there's free shipping (with a code they give you on the home page), and you can also buy bundles of photos at a lower price, so I ended up getting most of my pics for $.09 each. Amazing! (Costco used to be my go-to at $.13 each, but this beats it!) My photos arrived within three days (much faster than promised), and I'm looking forward to getting them in books.
4. Did you know you can send Target gift cards via text message now? You can! I tried to do it from a computer, but had better luck from my phone, so I would recommend that first. It arrived within a few hours of purchase to my Houston friend, and she thought it was fun to get it in a text message.
5. Our dog has no shame and now eats off the counter. We discovered that this week, when Adam spotted both the loaf of bread and English muffin wrappers under the table...completely empty. Now we know to be extra careful when leaving food around.
6. Waking up at 6:15 every day is possible for me. Y'all. I really had no idea I could do it, but I needed to for my new job. So I set my alarm and plug it in across the room, so that I have to get up to turn it off. Works like a charm.
7. Picking out my clothes the night before is my other trick for getting out the door on time. I think that's enough said on that one. Amazing how I can make a decision so much easier at night.
8. It's possible to do my makeup in 5 minutes and look great. I watched this video from MaskCara, and then tried it myself. Also another secret I have for getting out the door on time.
9. Google Reader is going away this weekend, so I've been trying to find another tool as user-friendly. So far, The Old Reader is my favorite, but I'm also trying G2 Reader and Bloglovin. Jury's still out on what I like best.
10. You can dictate punctuation in an iPhone text message. Who knew?!


No comments:
Post a Comment