Sweet Amanda moved from Waco to Houston last month...which means further away from Dallas. So, I schemed with her hubby Joey to surprise her for her 25th birthday weekend! Her mom, Lisa, picked me up at the airport, and we shocked the birthday girl! I talked to her at work several times earlier in the day, and she really had no idea. It was awesome.
Saturday we did our typical duo activity and wandered the aisles of TJMaxx/Homegoods. It's a good thing I didn't have a car, because I would have loaded up the back of my car with some really great stuff!
That afternoon, we went over to her parents' house and swam and had a yummy dinner. It's so fun to be around her family with all her younger siblings (three!), and they are full of energy! The boys and Joey played game after game of H-O-R-S-E basketball in the pool. :-)
Have you ever had a "Nothing BUNDT Cake" cake? We would all highly recommend them. They are available in mini sizes, too and tons of great flavors. (They have them in Houston and Dallas.)
We ate lunch at Cafe Express both Saturday and Sunday--Amanda's trying to make up for all the times she wanted it while living in Waco and couldn't get it! This picture was taken on Sunday after we went to church at Bayou City Fellowship--a church I've wanted to visit since I heard about it!
It was a great weekend full of lots of good talking and quality time.
{Amanda blogged about the weekend here.}
No comments:
Post a Comment