Last night, we went to a little local restaurant, Mexicali, for dinner. On our way there, we passed by the park where March for Babies is held, and all the tents were going up. March for Babies is this weekend, and this is the first one in about 10 years that I haven't been to. It's the first one in four that I haven't worked.
I definitely won't miss the 4:30 a.m. arrival, or being on my feet for days on end, but there is something so special about that day. I will be gone this weekend, so it's just sad to miss, not to mention all the people I won't get to see. It's just a reminder that I moved on, and it's a little tough.
And not thirty seconds before that, here comes Engine 31 with its lights and siren on behind us. I yelled "Go get 'em boys!" Like I usually do, complete with a fist pump, much to Adam's embarrassment.
I let out a big sigh, saying how much I would miss March for Babies. I was trying to explain all.the.feelings. And Adam goes, "You feel like I just felt when the engine drove by, right?" Yes. Exactly.
This move is temporary, but we are saying goodbye to a big part of our lives--Dallas, and the Fire Department. I don't want to be terribly sentimental, as it will make me really sad.
So we count our blessings, and the experiences and people who have made this part of our life so special. And we look ahead to the unknown in a city near the beach. I pray for a few good friends there and for us to thrive. And for lots of visitors. :-) (Hint, hint!)

can't wait to see what is ahead for both of you! so excited for your journey. And you better believe i will be visiting!!
ReplyDelete