Troy played for us again, and this year, we added Mosey to our act. Jared & Kari Dobbs sing just a few times a year since they have two (almost three) kids on the way, and it was a treat to have them!
Adam and I had lots of fun playing around before setting up. :-)
We had lots of great help getting things all situated--Mom, Dad, Papa, Troy and Sarah were all there to rearrange furniture (Mom), get the sound set up (Adam, Dad and Troy), and make sure the lights were just right (Papa and Sarah and Mom). It was a team effort!
My Pinterest-inspired food table
Instead of lasagna, we made homemade salsa instead. (So much easier!)
Light set-up
People came to listen and support! To me, that's the most nerve-racking of all...waiting to see if anyone will show up. :-)
Sarah, Troy, Shay and Adam
Our friends "Mosey" (Kari & Jared Dobbs)
I wasn't planning on singing, but Troy and I ended up throwing a little something together for me to sing with him. (Adele's Rolling in the Deep). No surprise, I had a ball.
We raised $1100 that night, and are nearly halfway to our goal. It is so humbling how generous people are. Thank you for blessing us in this way!
No comments:
Post a Comment