Then, I decided this was the year for coupons. I gave Mom 3 games of Words With Friends, 2 Sleepovers and a Mom & Daughter lunch date anywhere she chooses. Yes, I'm 24 and I still give homemade gifts. :-)
For Dad, I gave him 6 coupons labeled "Mile 20, 21, 22" and "Mile 24, 25, 26." Apparently I can't count, and Dad was really confused! But when I explained that I was going to run the last six miles of his marathon next week, he got really excited! I'd promised to run at least three, but I've been working with Adam to run more than that. So that's the plan for next weekend...I'll be sure to start at Mile 21 so I don't end up running SEVEN miles!
Our other tradition is that Dad and I cook breakfast on Christmas morning. We have many a photo in the kitchen together growing up. We had a late breakfast and I stayed in my jammies as long as possible!
Troy was there too, just not as "in" to all the photos. One of his gifts was this license plate guitar and a Texas flag, since he's so far from home. Funny how Texas roots get stronger sometimes when you go away...
After breakfast, we went to see True Grit. It was a lot of blood, guns, guts and gore. I think I kept waiting for a love story, and there just wasn't one. I spent some quality time on Facebook during the movie, haha. But that's another one of our traditions to see a movie on Christmas Day!
Papa and Jonita and Adam came over for a steak dinner later Christmas Day. They played games, and I made brownies. It was fun to all be together again! Games aren't really my thing (or Dad's, either), so I was more than thrilled to bake.
The Flaggs came over after they spent time with Mark's side of the family, and we sat around laughing and talking and playing on Dad's new iPad. It was a fun, relaxing and joyful day!


No comments:
Post a Comment