Sunday, January 16, 2011

77 or 78? That is the question...

A couple of Tuesdays ago, we celebrated Papa's Birthday.  As we circled up to pray before our (yummy) meal Mom made, there was a great debate about which birthday Papa was actually celebrating.  He thought it was 77, but after some mathematics, turns out he was mistaken, and he actually turned 78 on January 9th.  I guess when you have so many birthdays, it's just hard to keep track!  :-)  Too bad he's been competing in the golf games for "Under 78."  Papa told Adam that he was really ticked off, because he could've won a few more golf tournaments in a different age bracket!  Ha.

Peach Cobbler is a family go-to for dessert, because it's so good...any time!  

Papa, you are so loved.  Celebrating you is always a treat.  You are a giver of your time, so helpful with home improvement projects, a great game player, a most helpful airport taker and picker-upper, and so many other things.  Thanks for being you.  WE LOVE YOU!



Leave it to the guys to start playing with the napkin rings.  Adam and my Uncle Mark have this uncanny ability to make me laugh like nobody's business.  And they do it without meaning to, but my laughter just encourages them more, I think.  

And although I don't have a pic of Troy and my Dad from this particular birthday celebration, I didn't want to leave them out of this "guy post."  {Just for the record, Mom, Aunt Laura, Jonita and I were there, too, but I don't have any pics of us.  Go figure.}


It's funny to me how much they look alike.  But the scariest part is when they're side by side and do the exact same mannerism--at the same time.  

Well, I guess I can wrap up this post by saying how grateful I am for all the guys in my life.  :-)  It would definitely be a different story with out them!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of Papa blowing out the candles!! very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete