Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Lovin' these Links

I thought I'd share what I'm diggin' these days...

Whenever I blog letters, the original inspiration came from a blog I found this past summer called Today's Letters.  It is seriously my favorite blog.  Each morning, Emily and her husband post a photo and a letter, and there's all sorts of fun stuff on there.  The coolest part is that I've actually met Emily at church, and she was so genuine and real in person.  I feel like that's my claim to fame or something. 

They try to communicate well, and it's a really cool thing.  Each week they ask and answer Tuesday Questions with each other.  They say it's one of the ten things that have made all the difference for them.

They also have other fun stuff on there like a 2010 Holiday Gift Guide.  They cook, travel and build forts together (i.e. they just have a lot of fun.), and it's pretty much the cutest thing ever. 




This blog, I just discovered more recently.  Young House Love is about a couple that bought an old house and remodeled it in Richmond, Virginia.  This intrigued me for a lot of reasons, one being that my dad grew up in that same city, and two, they have a lot of cool DIY projects and ideas that I just really like.  You should check them out, too.


And finally, in case you're in the market for a good online Defensive Driving class, I'd recommend Comedy Guys.  Unfortunately for me, I got a ticket back in August.  No bueno.  I had three months to take Defensive Driving, and the December 2 deadline was fast approaching.  I started off about a week from that date, and thought I was good to go.  Turns out there are 10 chapters, not six like I thought.

The six-hour course wasn't too bad--kinda cheesy, kinda funny, and I even learned quite a bit.  It times you on every page, so I'd read the page, let the timer run and would go do laundry or clean my room or something.  The only problem was that I literally waited until the last possible day to finish it, stayed up 'til midnight and had to be up for work at 5 a.m. the next day. 

But even when the program denied me access because I'd answered some personal identification questions incorrectly (I had the wrong VIN number on my car), I called the number and the owner helped me personally.  I talked to him two more times when I needed to expedite the mailing of my certificate so there wouldn't be a warrant out for my arrest.  Needless to say, I would highly recommend it, if you have to take something like this!



Happy Tuesday--let me know if there are any other blogs out there that I'm missing!  I'm kind of addicted...


No comments:

Post a Comment