Monday, February 22, 2010

Skippy (Fox) Dog in the Snow

Last week I mentioned that I was thinking about going to take some photos of Skippy in the snow.  The Pioneer Woman gave some very helpful tips about how to get some great photos in the snow.

I was inspired--enough  to change the settings on my camera.  I usually just leave it on automatic, but I decided to be a little more adventurous, and I got a few that I'm pretty happy with.

I know I've talked about him before, but Skippy Dog is the most loved dog you'll ever meet.  He is getting up there in age, and with that, he's become a little (a lot) more stubborn.  I've started to come over to my parents' to take him on walks, and he always greets me with a wagging tail.  Medicine for the soul.


This is my favorite.  I think Skippy looks like a wolf or a fox in this photo.  It was taken in our backyard.  If you can believe this, the snow continued far into the night, and we really did get a ton of it.  



Blurry, but I still like it.

Also in our backyard--my mom is really good at making flower beds look great.  She has a green thumb that I lack (maybe that comes with age?).  You can't see any flowers right now, but I really loved this snowy butterfly.

These trees are right outside my apartment door.  I thought they were so beautiful with all the snow on them!

There's the possibility of snow again tomorrow.  This is really crazy.   

1 comment:

  1. your blog looks great! Glad you found me! thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete