Last Wednesday, November 7, the event I've been working on since December 2011 finally happened. I was so thrilled it was here! It seems I've just been recuperating for the last week or so. (More like hibernating!)
{In case you're curious, this is what a room set with 95 tables looks like--quite full!}
We had it at the new Omni Hotel in Dallas, and it featured LaDainian Tomlinson, an All-time NFL leading Running Back.
We had a record-breaking event, as it was the first time to host over 900 people and raise over $200k in its 18 year history. When we hit the goal three weeks prior to the breakfast, I literally ran up and down the hall of our office telling anyone who'd listen!
I had wonderful volunteers, great support from our staff, and most importantly, a great family who showed up to support!
Mom and I stayed at the hotel the night before and decorated the stage. I was quite thankful to be staying there--otherwise my 4:45 am alarm would've come even earlier!
{This was the stage after Mom was finished with it. The Pipe & Drape wasn't up in the back of it yet, but you get the idea. They've never had much on the stage before I started planning this event last year--surprise--I think you always need some decor!}
There are lots of fun things to remember:
- Mom and I enjoying the hotel room--it's quite swanky.
- Papa getting up early (a rare occurrence!) to come to the breakfast, and later hearing what all he learned about March of Dimes (which he knew first, 75 years ago, as an organization that solved Polio.)
- Having Amp there dressed in a suit (!!)
- Dad getting to say the invocation
- Having Mark, Laura and Smoo at my table, too. (Uncle Marky had to jet before we got the pic.)
And by the way, if you ever have the chance to stay at this Omni, it's really fabulous. I wish I could've spent more time there just enjoying the room! The view of the city was incredible, and they had all sorts of cool stuff in the room. Mom's favorite part was when you put your feet on the floor, a light turns on under the bed to light your way. Pretty cool!
{A TV was inside the mirror...we were fascinated!}
So now that it's come and gone, I'm really looking forward to having extra space in my brain to relax and do other things (like plan for Christmas!). Adam was a trooper and made most of our meals, did the grocery shopping and house cleaning. I was so focused on the event that I was exhausted when I got home every day from work, for about two weeks leading up to it. Thanks, AMP, for taking such good care of us, as usual!
Thanksgiving holidays, here we come!






Congratulations on exceeding your goal!!! That's so exciting!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like it was a great event (with a fabulous-looking stage as well)!