Tuesday, January 3, 2012

{Our Nest} Narnia

Here's a little peek into our place.  It's decked out for Christmas, which we're in the process of taking down at the moment.  Friends often comment that we have quite a bit of furniture, so I will add that we've had lots of help!  Aside from coming from two fully furnished places of our own, full of furniture we've purchased and had handed down to us, we have lots of furniture "on loan" from my aunt & uncle, until my cousins need it.  

We have several projects on our "To Do List" for 2012, but so far we're really excited how it's coming together.  We very much enjoy our little home and are very grateful for it.

{Living Room}
Our couch was our first major purchase together!  We painted this room and the two bedrooms the week before we moved in, but the photos don't really do the green walls justice.  It was a lot of work, but it got us cheaper rent in the end. 

{Living Room, view 2}

 
{Dining Room, connected to the Living Room}
The china cabinet is the one AMP and I started working on before we were engaged.  It's nearly finished.  The wall looks a little forlorn.  It had wallpaper on it that we  my Dad took off.  It's on the list to texture and paint that, but for now, it's just a little artsy wall.  
  

{Den}
This room's just off the kitchen.  Each of us has a least favorite piece of furniture in the house that the other brought to the marriage.  For me, it's this sectional from Adam's place.  :-)  But with pillows and things on the wall, it's a bit less noticeable.  Right??  I will admit that this couch is very comfortable,  but just not my fave!

{Den, view from the couch}
You can see we have two trees.  We each brought one to the marriage, so we put them both up!

{Sunroom}
The sunroom is just off the kitchen.  Have you already guessed that the purple couch is Adam's least favorite piece of furniture?  This room makes me smile because it's just a bit wild and random.  

{Sun Room, view 2}
This room is also home to the beloved Baylor bench, and it looks on to the deck into our yard.  We have lots of birds and squirrels to watch out there, and the windows let in a lot of sun, which is great.

{Kitchen}
The kitchen was re-done recently, and I really love the pullout drawers for pots & pans and such. 

{Master Bedroom}
This is painted Benjamin Moore's Golden Wheat color.  We used it in here and also in the guest room, which I don't have a photo of yet.  (It's been the catch-all room for extra boxes, etc.)


Is this not the craziest bathroom?  I love waking up and getting ready in it every morning.  It has a vanity, which I love to use when I sit and put on my makeup.  Adam uses the tiny little bathroom that's attached to our room.  It just has brown tile.  :-)

So that's our place--come visit! 

1 comment:

  1. Shay, I love your little place! :) Where do yall live? We are moving in 2 weeks to the Lochwood/Old Lake Highlands area...are you guys anywhere close to that by chance? Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete