There were so many kind words spoken that night. Many about love, about friendship and our friends' views on our relationship. Most everyone commented how they were shocked that I'd started running, and many, if not most of our friends, mentioned how they were a bit unsure about us meeting at a bar and two-stepping...even if it was a church-sponsored event. Eventually, when the our friends actually met and spent time with us, they realized that we weren't crazy. And we are so glad, because we could not embark on this journey of marriage with out the support of our family and friends!
Here are a few highlights...
Before Adam and I arrived, "Shady" was on the menu. They changed it and I had no idea until the ride home. Hilarious!
Mike and Norene were great hosts. We had such a great evening!
Bride & Groom
We were so into the story...
We opted to have our best man and maid of honor toasts during this dinner instead of the wedding reception. It made it really special to have it just be our closest friends hearing their words.
We laughed a lot. Especially me, of course, but that's not surprising. I love looking in the background and seeing everyone else's faces, too.
Yes, this was me, most of the night.
SMoo also gave a great MOH toast. She pretty much outdid herself as the Maid of Honor! She was always planning things, asking what I needed, and was always there to listen. Love her!
A sweet brotherly moment.
Mom talked about how disciplined Adam is about eating well. She's noticed that his only weakness are the M&Ms at my parents' house that comes from a special dispenser. Adam is always sure to refill them when he comes over, but she wanted him to have his own. The M&Ms say "Adam and Shay" on it. Such a thoughtful gift!
Papa got up there to give a toast and concluded it by singing, "When you wish upon a star."
It was one of the most precious moments of the entire evening. I think about it often, and it always makes me smile.
Norene read a great quote to us about marriage, and then when we got home from Hawaii, we had a "Welcome Home" gift. It was a beautiful framed picture of a bride and groom's backs, holding hands, and the quote that she read was printed at the bottom. So thoughtful!
Hugs all around.
Adam and I got up and said thank you to our parents, our brothers, the rest of our family and our friends. I was so thankful to be able to stand up there and tell everyone how much they mean to us.
Sarah & Troy
Giving SMoo the rings, and checking mine out. I'd had my engagement ring and wedding band soldered together earlier that week. I'd tried themon several times together while we were engaged (much to Adam's chagrin!), and they just kept turning every which way. I had them put together, and Adam's stipulation was that I wouldn't wear it until our wedding day. :-) I gave the rings to SMoo so that we wouldn't have to worry about them. Best decision.
Our names on the Maggiano's sign before we left. Just a few more hours and we'd be married!
No comments:
Post a Comment