Hi! We're baaaaaack!
We spent last week in Maui having a lot of fun exploring the island. There were numerous beaches to walk, waves to catch and sunsets to see. We ate some really great food, laughed a lot and enjoyed our week of uninterrupted time together (although, I think we both have to admit that it's a great thing, it will take some getting used to!).
One of my old bosses gave us a card at the reception letting us know that they were buying us dinner one night at their favorite restaurant in Maui. I just texted her to let her know what night would work best, and she made the reservations on the outdoor patio so we would be sure to catch this beautiful sunset. It was a very thoughtful and practical gift, and we enjoyed it immensely!
We arrived back in Dallas one week later and spent Sunday afternoon at my parents opening 35 more gifts. It took us almost two hours to open everything. We grabbed a few items to put in Adam's (our) apartment for the next three weeks before we move into our rent house.
Praise the Lord we know where we're living next! This was a huge weight off my shoulders to have a contract signed on Thursday before our wedding. (Yes, two days before our wedding, we got my car inspected and signed a rental contract--talk about being a practical grown up!)
My mom was so right when she told me I wouldn't want to go back to work on Monday. I'm so glad I took her advice and didn't go back yesterday. We spent it doing laundry, Mom and I got to catch up at lunch, then she came to visit Camp Paulson, and we took her over to peek through the windows at the rental. It was so fun to just relax and do normal things!
Last night after trying out our new waffle maker, we made a trip to Home Depot, TC's Shaved Ice and made a big haul at the grocery store. We have three meals planned this week and food for it in the fridge. This makes my little try-to-be-organized heart happy. :-)
I have many posts from the wedding festivities to catch up on. I keep replaying the wedding and reception in my mind, and Adam and I continue to talk about how much fun we had. I am beginning to dig out from vacation mode and am slowly but surely returning phone calls from friends and hearing what all I missed this last week.
Amanda has recapped the weekend from her sweet point of view on her blog here.
Our photographer, Jess Graham Barfield has given us a teaser of the fabulous photos that are to come on her blog here.
I think Adam and I have already learned a lot about each other in the last 10 days--quirks we didn't know we had and funny things we say. So far, it's been great. We are learning to laugh a lot and we are already shocked at the amount of free time we have since we don't have to go home at night! I'm sure we will fill up that time soon enough, so for now we are enjoying learning about married life together. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment