Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bike Rides and a Steak Dinner



Well the entire lower half of my body is rather sore from yesterday's 9 mile bike ride around the lake, but it was so worth it.  Spring in Dallas lasts only a few weeks, and I'm determined to enjoy it!  We checked out a "cruiser bike" for me yesterday afternoon--the kind with the tall handle bars that would look really great with a basket and a bell.  Adam & I rode around the entire lake, stopping at one of the bridges to spot 20 turtles popping up their heads, and baby ducks following their Mama, so small they could fit in the palm of your hand.  It was precious. 

{Yum.}

Then we came back and cooked out on the charcoal grill.  I don't know if I was exceptionally hungry, the charcoal made the steak even better, or if it was the grill master (I think I'll go with that one), but it was so good that I ate almost the entire steak.  That's sayin' something, for the girl who typically eats about half of every meal.  :-) 

Here's to Spring and to a weekend that's almost here, full of good friends visiting and fun adventures ahead!

ps.  Anna posted a blog about her cousin Troy and his song he wrote (about me and AMP).  Go read it.  It's sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment