Friday, June 11, 2010

Facebook Official.

It's official: my Dad is on Facebook.  I'm slightly weirded out, but I went ahead and friended him today when I realized that we had 35 friends in common, and it was only going to get worse.  {And just for the record, Dad, I'm glad we're friends--on Facebook and in real life.}



{Easter 2010 in Mexico}

Well, I figured it was high time to give a little shout-out on this bloggy to my Dad. 


{I just think this one is really funny}

Here are just a few reasons why my Dad is super-great:

  • He loves my Mama.  And he opens all doors for her--planes, trains, and automobiles {ok, mostly cars and restaurant doors}. 
  • He takes care of all the car stuff at our house--inspections, license plates, insurance, etc.  But then he taught me how to do that stuff too.  {Something about "If you teach a child to fish..."}
  • He {and Mom} are our biggest fans.  If we can dream it, then we can do it...at least in their minds!
  • On the occasion that we're in church together, Dad usually rearranges how we're sitting in the pew so that he can stand next to me and hear me sing. 
  • Dad in "Vacation Mode" is my favorite.  He ends up doing things like this, which I find quite hilarious:


{If this is how he is on vacation, then I can't wait for retirement!}

  • He loves to read, and has instilled a love for books in me as well.  Mom & Dad never could say "no" to buying a book when we asked.  {I guess he's going to have to instill a love of the Kindle in me now, since he's so tech-savvy.}
  • Drum lessons and Running:  two things my Dad has done in the last five years that he'd never really done before.  He's really good at trying new things and then getting really good at them.


So, welcome to the world of Social Networking, Dad.  It's grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment